ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Visa Extension - Enquiry

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arao73
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Visa Extension - Enquiry

Post by arao73 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:24 am

I have applied early extension of my Tire 1 general visa on Mar 14, 2011. My current leave to remain expires on 29, July, 2011. Application sent by post. Here are the time lines.

Date Application Sent by Post: 14/03/2011
Fee Debited : 16/03/2011
BMR Invitation Letter Recvd : 23/03/2011
BMR Provided : 01/04/2011

I got a letter from Home office on 9/04/2011 which was dated on 07/04/2011 as follows:

"I am writing to acknowledge receipt of your application.

Your application is valid but there are further enquiries that need to be made on your case and as such your application has been passed to a team where these enquiries can be made.
For up to date turnaround times on particular applications can I please ask that you visit our website http://www.bia.homeoffice.gov.uk for the current timescales.

Our general advise to applicants is not to make any non-urgent travel plans until we have decided their application and returned passports or travel documents.

Please do no telephone or make written enquiries about the progress of your application before you hear from us unless you need a passport or other document urgently as this diverts resource from caseworking. Please telephone the number on this letter in the first instance if you need to contact us. Please not that it is no longer possible to make enquiries in person about the progress of an application at any of the Border and Immigration Agency's Public Enquiry Offices.

Provided an applicant has permission to be in the UK when an application is made, he or she is legally entitled to remain here on the same conditions previously granted until the application is decided.

Yours sincerely. "

Did anyone received these kind of letter? What kind of enquires they make? How long does it take these enquires to be completed.

arumalladinesh
Newly Registered

Post by arumalladinesh » Wed Apr 13, 2011 8:55 pm

More information would be useful about your application like are you working on a limited company or any other abnormal , so that it will be useful to provide some advice

arao73
Newly Registered

Post by arao73 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:46 am

I'm working for public limited company. My initial Teir 1 visa also got approved from the same company that means I'm working in this compay since 3.5 years.

shaneas
Newly Registered

Post by shaneas » Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:12 pm

Hi arumalladinesh,

Do you really think "Limited Companies" are considered as "abnormal" case??? I am asking this question because I am working in my own Ltd Company and your comment made me worry about my application. If you have any information about this please let me know.

tnx

[iD]

Post by [iD] » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:17 am

shaneas wrote:Hi arumalladinesh,

Do you really think "Limited Companies" are considered as "abnormal" case??? I am asking this question because I am working in my own Ltd Company and your comment made me worry about my application. If you have any information about this please let me know.

tnx

As long as your documents are good, you don't have anything to worry about.

@OP They make enquiries on pretty much every application to check if the documents you have provided are genuine and other relevant enquiries regarding your income and all. It's pretty normal and nothing to worry about.
Goodluck.

daythatnevercomes
Newly Registered

Post by daythatnevercomes » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:30 am

hi arao73,

Any further communicaiton from UKBA on your case. My case is also forwarded to the enquiries team.

reagrds

arao73
Newly Registered

Post by arao73 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:49 pm

daythatnevercomes wrote:hi arao73,

Any further communicaiton from UKBA on your case. My case is also forwarded to the enquiries team.

reagrds
No, I have not heard anything and still waiting for the communication from Homeoffice. I have given heads up to my employer regarding the inquiry.Hope everything goes fine.

Regards,
arao73

arao73
Newly Registered

Post by arao73 » Mon May 16, 2011 2:35 pm

I have received a letter from Homeoffice on 13th May 2011, to complete the criminality check document by filling the form and sending it to Northern Ireland Police. NI police will send the results to Homeoffice directly.

arao73
Newly Registered

Received the extension approval

Post by arao73 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:56 pm

I have recied the extension leve to remain with BMR cards and passports. New leave to remain date is 29/july/2013