ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

How does one become an Immigration Officer?

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bello_returns
Newly Registered

How does one become an Immigration Officer?

Post by bello_returns » Wed May 11, 2011 6:56 am

Yesterday I posted about an incident with being refused entry to the UK. Ever since then, I've been doing alot of research on the topic of immigration and I'm very fascinated by it all. There are so many issues and problems and I'm really taken by it. I feel for all of the displaced asylum seekers and I'm highly opposed to people who try and take advantage of government benefits because it makes it harder for the immigrants (and citizens) who truly need it to get it. I'd like to get a job if not being an immigration officer, then doing something in the field of immigration.

Now, I am a US national and citizen so I would imagine how its done in the UK is a bit different than here in the US but what type of credentials do you typically need to be an immigration officer? Do you need to hold a bachelors degree and if so, in what? Is there some sort of training school or certification you'd have to get? I live in a major US city (San Diego) and I'm only 2 hours from Los Angeles so I'm sure there are plenty of opportunities, ESPECIALLY considering San Diego is the closest major California city to the Mexico border. I could drive to the border from my home in, no lie, about 20 minutes. So yes, I guess I'd like a little more information on the field and where I can go and what I can study. I am currently a student so I'm already studying so it wouldn't be a problem for me to take up certain courses.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 11, 2011 11:07 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

haritagepoint
Newly Registered

Post by haritagepoint » Thu May 12, 2011 8:53 am

Immigration officers play an extremely important role in security in the United States. Because of the role of immigration officers play in protecting our borders, there are specific qualifications and requirements they must meet to be eligible for employment in this field. Knowledge of these requirements in time will give the applicant a better chance to gain a position of Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency.