ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help with bringing fiancé back to uk after removal

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seb2008
Newly Registered

help with bringing fiancé back to uk after removal

Post by seb2008 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:46 pm

Hi, I'm a new user and could really use some help so I think I'm in the right place. I met my fiancé (srilankan) in 2006 when he first came over to the uk as a student. In 2009 we started dating, got engaged in jan 2010, he graduated from uni in july 2010 and applied for his PSW visa, in aug 2010 the ukba caught him for working over his 20hrs in jan and feb 2010. We went through a long investigation and weeks of him having to report to ukba every monday. In dec 2010 he was told his PSW was being refused because of him breaching his work rules and was removed from the uk but we were told by a ukba officer (lovely lad for a change) that as soon as he was home he could apply again to come back. I went over to Sri Lanka to visit him in feb 2011 and now we finally have enough savings to bring him back.

So finally getting to my question, will him being removed from the uk previously have a major effect on us applying for him to come over on a fiancé visa? Would it be easier and would we face less complications if I were to travel over there and marry in Sri Lanka and apply for a spouse visa?

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Wed May 11, 2011 9:02 am

It would be easier to travel to Sri Lanka, marry and get a spousal visa which would allow him to work whereas a fiancee visa will not