ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Please help...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ali110
Newly Registered

Please help...

Post by ali110 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:57 pm

I applied Tier 1 General Visa along with a dependent on the 16th of March. We haven't had our biometrics taken as of yet. The problem is that my spouse (dependent) needs to urgently travel outside the country.

My question is that if I withdraw the dependent's application and ask for the return of her passport, will this affect my application status as the main applicant?

Will anyone kindly guide me on this issue?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Re: Please help...

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 8:50 pm

ali110 wrote:My question is that if I withdraw the dependent's application and ask for the return of her passport, will this affect my application status as the main applicant?
No, but you must be very clear in your (written) request so that there is no confusion.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

ali110
Newly Registered

Post by ali110 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:58 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
ali110 wrote:My question is that if I withdraw the dependent's application and ask for the return of her passport, will this affect my application status as the main applicant?
No, but you must be very clear in your (written) request so that there is no confusion.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated.

ali110
Newly Registered

Post by ali110 » Fri May 13, 2011 11:51 am

sushdmehta wrote:
Can you please have a look at the letter below and advise me of any changes if necessary?

Re: Return of Passport

Date: 16th May 2011

To Whom It May Concern:

Dear Sir/Madam,

I and my Wife (dependant) applied for the Tier 1 General Visa together on the 15th March 2011. I, Mr xxxxxxxxx D.O.B xx/xx/xxxx, am the main applicant and my wife Mrs xxxxxxxxxxxxxx D.O.B xx/xx/xxxx is the dependant.

Unfortunately, my dependant i.e. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx needs her passport to travel to her native country urgently. Therefore, she wishes to withdraw her application for the dependant visa and have her passport returned back to her.

I called the immigration helpline and they told me that withdrawing the dependant application will have NO effect on the Main applicant’s application for Tier 1 General Visa.

To be clear, I do NOT wish to withdraw the Main Applicant’s application for Tier 1 General Visa and UKBA can keep my passport for as long as they want.

I wish my dependant’s passport to be collected by a courier, please advise me further to arrange for that.

Kind Regards,

Thanking you in anticipation.