ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent Help Required British Citizenship and Renew passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Urgent Help Required British Citizenship and Renew passport

Post by Reddevil » Wed May 11, 2011 4:08 pm

I am posting on Behalf of friend

My friend (female) is married to British man for 5 years. And been living in England for 5 years

She has a child with him who is 3 years OLD (Child has British Passport)

She has ILR for 2.5 Years. She is from Pakistan and has Pakistani Passport. Her passport has expired and is not getting help from her husband as he doesn't want her to apply for new passport or British nationality.

What is the the best way for her to Apply for nationality?
Her husband is Forcing her to take Separation and asking her to take other benefit to Help his Drug addiction.

She is Really confused and she need a nationality so she can travel.
What is best for her to Acquire Nationality as Her husband is hardly helpful and not paying him money she gets from Child benefits

Guide

thanks
More question Are welcomed

khankhattak

Re: Urgent Help Required British Citizenship and Renew passp

Post by khankhattak » Wed May 11, 2011 4:25 pm

Reddevil wrote:I am posting on Behalf of friend

My friend (female) is married to British man for 5 years. And been living in England for 5 years

She has a child with him who is 3 years OLD (Child has British Passport)

She has ILR for 2.5 Years. She is from Pakistan and has Pakistani Passport. Her passport has expired and is not getting help from her husband as he doesn't want her to apply for new passport or British nationality.

What is the the best way for her to Apply for nationality?
Her husband is Forcing her to take Separation and asking her to take other benefit to Help his Drug addiction.

She is Really confused and she need a nationality so she can travel.
What is best for her to Acquire Nationality as Her husband is hardly helpful and not paying him money she gets from Child benefits

Guide

thanks
More question Are welcomed
she can apply for nationality after 5 years living in uk without husband help she dont need to renew her passport for nationality but if she wants to go abroad then she needs to renew it for more information wait for senior members advice
plz let me know if im saying anything incorrect

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Wed May 11, 2011 4:40 pm

Ya That would be great but her Pakistani passport been expired for 6 months

What documents she need to apply for Naturalization and how much time it take. She don't want to travel urgent she can wait for 6 -8 months

Her application is straight forward but she is confused because Her husband is Treating her bad

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 4:41 pm

If your friend fulfils the standard requirements, she may apply for naturalisation on her own merit.

In such case, no help / assistance / documents required from her husband. Breakdown in their relationship is also irrelevant.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm

She has passed life in the uk test

But she want to know what documents she need and her situation with expiry Pakistani passport with IRL
More details

thanks

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Wed May 11, 2011 4:51 pm

Reddevil wrote:She has passed life in the uk test

But she want to know what documents she need and her situation with expiry Pakistani passport with IRL
More details

thanks
u can check the following link
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/briti ... alisation/

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Wed May 11, 2011 5:58 pm

Will my previous Expiry Passport will work ?

or do i have to make new one and then apply for british passport

Thanks

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Wed May 11, 2011 6:29 pm

Reddevil wrote:Will my previous Expiry Passport will work ?

or do i have to make new one and then apply for british passport

Thanks
i cant understand ur words
r u applying for british nationality or british passport?
for applying to british nationality u dont need to renew ur pakistani passport
and can send expire passport ilr stamped on it

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Wed May 11, 2011 8:20 pm

British Nationality sorry

Any good Solicitor In Manchester AREA recommended ?

And

What is difference between Postal and Face to face application

She is also been taking benefits Any problem with that ?

Her 5 years will complete on 20 June

Thanks

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 8:25 pm

Click on the links provided in the responses above and read the information therein.

khankhattak

Post by khankhattak » Wed May 11, 2011 8:32 pm

Reddevil wrote:British Nationality sorry

And

Her 5 years will complete on 20 June

Thanks
A: postal, u need to send original documents to HO directly
NCS (face to face) NCS will copy ur original and will send copies to HO ur original documents will remain with u

i dont think so it can b a problem

wait for other members to answer it coz im not living there

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Wed May 11, 2011 8:49 pm

Thanks

Khan u been a great Help

Will be looking for For replies

Ok So i have Sum Up Questions in this way

My Friend (Female) legally Separated from her husband Recently
Her husband British born

She is living in England for Almost 5 years ( 5 years will be completed on 20 June 2011)

She has ILR since 2 years (Expiry Pakistani passport)

She has One Daughter (British National)

She is Claiming Benefits ( Child , Income ,Housing ) ( DUE TO BREAKDOWN WITH HER HUSBAND RELATIONSHIP )

Passed Life in the UK Test

She wants to Apply for British Nationality

IS She eligible and her Claiming benefit will or will not effect Nationally Application ?

No Criminal Offense

Is it a Straight Yes Application

Should she apply through Post or Face to Face

REGARDS

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Wed May 11, 2011 9:08 pm

The benefit claims will not impact upon an application for Naturalisation.

Apply by post, or use NCS office? Using NCS is recommended as they check the application before it gets posted to Liverpool.
John

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 9:55 pm

Renew her Pakistani Passport first from Knightsbridge ( pakistani )Embassy .London, you can go for urgent passport cost around £50 in one week. and than apply for naturalisation via NCS. you can even travel if you have valid Pakistani passport with old passport attached with ILR in it

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 9:56 pm

Also tell her to transfer all Child benefit or tax credit etc on her name , and try contacting authorities about his addiction they can even help you to accommodate some where as she has child.

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Wed May 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi Ferrari
Renewing Pakistan passport important ?

Caz she is struggling to renew she will then need to make New id Card

And then Will have to Transfer Indefinite Leave to New passport which cost more money and extra application

Isn't Old expiry Passport With indefinite leave Alright ?

And how can she get helped with naturalization caz she has child

thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 11, 2011 10:47 pm

See also BC help PLease.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 2:39 am

I am only saying to renew is if she wants to travel while Naturalisation application is with HO, and you dont have to transfer your ILR onto your new passport. As long as both passports are together you should be ok

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Thu May 12, 2011 10:17 am

Thanks

She don't want to travel anytime sooner

How much time it Takes for This application

Thanks

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 10:21 am

Naturalisation can take up to 6 months as this is very busy period in HO nationality department, Average they are taking around 12 weeks.

Reddevil
- thin ice -

Post by Reddevil » Thu May 12, 2011 1:02 pm

Thanks

What is NCS Service

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 12, 2011 1:13 pm

sushdmehta wrote:If your friend fulfils the standard requirements, she may apply for naturalisation on her own merit.
sushdmehta wrote:Click on the links provided in the responses above and read the information therein.
Reddevil wrote:What is NCS Service
Ways to apply for British citizenship or nationality

it4repair
Newly Registered

Post by it4repair » Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:58 am

Reddevil wrote: Her application is straight forward but she is confused because Her husband is Treating her bad

Thanks
First thing she should have done - contact Social Services, I know for a fact some people think they take our children away without a reason, but if she contacted them first as a victim, who i believe she was, she would not even have to claim any benefits, she would get help from the government straight away.

You said her housband was treating her bad, what about a child???? Even if he tried to be a good father towards her/their child, how can you let the child see the mum under preasure???

The whole conversation is out of the question, Social Services would take mum and child away from a hyper active father, full stop.

I am a Polish citizen, and I appreciate coming to UK not only work or career wise, but child wise. If your child is commited and loved, your child will never leave family home for a night, party or any other event. As long as you do care about your child, talk to your child, build a trust in between, express your love towards your children, he/she/your child will never get into trouble, again - full stop. Your child may say that was a witness of an argument at home, but as long as there is love, will never go away.

Passports Come on, if you are a victim of family agression, abnormal father and et cetera, you do not ask or wait for an answear from a pathetic forum answears, you go to the nearest Police Station to (not report) say that you as a mother are frightened by anybody - your neighbour, mother, father, brother or ANYBODY in the world. UK and any other country in the world, including Europe, will not let suffer any Human being, again, full stop.

Please, do not mix up situations and areas you leave in like mine, where average inteligence could be below any cricitism, or above your/our expectations, the Brtitish System as an idea is great (Family Wise), but parents are not always mature. Our European culture of panishing our children is mentaly wrong, every psychologist will confirm that you can develope a human being, a child , an animal or any other form of life only by giving a love, not a stress, an agression, bad emotions or a negative emotions...

What would she do with a passport? Go back to Pakistan, to be found, and punished? Where would be a child then? Sick !!!!

My question is - Why for the past years of this thread and conversations, Nobody, I repeat, NOBODY sugested her contacting Social Services in first place.

Should I belive, the bad housband was treating her child right, giving an encourage, faith, strength for the future?

My answear is NO, this thread is absolutely pointless as long as the child has no enviroment to grow up in faith, family/life values and all other factors of being a proud citizen of human being race.

Forgive my English, as I am Polish, but any speculations about the passport, traveling and others including all advices given, is just ...

...answear it yourself

I love my child, and if anything was happening to any family members I would just care about children, Social Services http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=pl&tbo=d&sc ... 20&bih=933
Last edited by it4repair on Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

vinny

Post by vinny » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:03 am

You have replied to a thread that is nearly 2 years old!
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

it4repair
Newly Registered

Post by it4repair » Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:24 am

vinny wrote:You have replied to a thread that is nearly 2 years old!
Thank you very much for letting me know it was over 2 years old. My child and other children are 6 years old. I truely do not understand where you are coming from, however your can find this thread on google and i believe people should know what is good, and what is wrong.

Any other comments - more than welcome