ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

TIMELINE AFTER NATURALISATION APPLICATION SUBMISSION

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

forwardever

Post by forwardever » Wed May 11, 2011 4:44 pm

guys i notice that it was like this last yr is like processing time for applications made in march/april always take time but from may upward processing time changes...

daniash

Post by daniash » Wed May 11, 2011 4:53 pm

lionking007 wrote:I am not surprised if they are having to work twice as hard as before. Especially after the funding cuts, job losses etc... Every Government dept financial / budget year startes from April.
If they did make people redundant (they would have known that in Jan / Feb) March 31st would have been their last working day.
Your thinking makes sense but I work for a public body too, and we have seen some people made redundant, but their last days were not necessarily the last day of the tax year, in fact they were quite scattered.
lionking007 wrote:The only way to find out is by getting a job at the HO.
Or a Freedom of Information request. To ask how many caseworkers are employed to process naturalisation applications and whether this number has changed recently.
Has anyone tried this?
Not that it would make a difference to the waiting time - but it may put the mind at ease if at least we knew WHY the waiting times have grown so much longer.

allta

Post by allta » Wed May 11, 2011 5:07 pm

daniash wrote:
lionking007 wrote:I am not surprised if they are having to work twice as hard as before. Especially after the funding cuts, job losses etc... Every Government dept financial / budget year startes from April.
If they did make people redundant (they would have known that in Jan / Feb) March 31st would have been their last working day.
Your thinking makes sense but I work for a public body too, and we have seen some people made redundant, but their last days were not necessarily the last day of the tax year, in fact they were quite scattered.
lionking007 wrote:The only way to find out is by getting a job at the HO.
Or a Freedom of Information request. To ask how many caseworkers are employed to process naturalisation applications and whether this number has changed recently.
Has anyone tried this?
Not that it would make a difference to the waiting time - but it may put the mind at ease if at least we knew WHY the waiting times have grown so much longer.
One hypothesis for longer waiting times is the fee increase in April which caused so many people to apply. Anyways, enough said, no change to the waiting time, it's just getting longer and longer. All we can do now is be patient and wait!
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

tintin

Post by tintin » Wed May 11, 2011 8:29 pm

lionking007 wrote:
tintin wrote:I have this terrible feeling that in order to get the processing times back on track, the HO will give priority to the applications received after the fee rise and the applications received before the fee rise will be kept on the back burner and processed at a slower rate.
Good thinking tintin, but don't know if they have the First in first out system for all straight forward applications.
Thats the thing Lionking, there is no way to know how they work. All we can do is just wait. I am now regretting not using the NCS, atleast I would have had my passport with me just in case I need to do any emergency travelling.

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Wed May 11, 2011 10:03 pm

Hi,

I sent my application off via Royal Mail (recorded delivery) on 14th April, it was received by the HO the next day according to the tracking website, but I have since then neither received an acknowledgment letter, nor has my account been charged. Should I call the HO just to check that they have in fact received the application? I am of course concerned because my passport and other original documents are in the envelope, wherever it is!
Thanks!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 10:07 pm

you should definately call them as it almost 4 weeks .

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Wed May 11, 2011 10:11 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:you should definately call them as it almost 4 weeks .
Eek! Okay, thanks. I guess I was secretly hoping you guys would know of someone that had the same but was alright, but I knew really it couldn't be. Argh, I'm worried now! I'll go double check the royal mail website now and call them tomorrow as soon as I can. I assume they're available on the phones 9-5? *deep breaths*

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Wed May 11, 2011 10:13 pm

call them before 12 as from previous experiences they are very busy after lucnh.

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Wed May 11, 2011 10:19 pm

ferrarilondon wrote:call them before 12 as from previous experiences they are very busy after lucnh.
Thanks! I've just rechecked and they did receive it on 19th (sorry, posted it on 18th, not 14th). I'll ring them tomorrow.

You're all so helpful here (been reading the fora for quite a while now!), I hope everyone hears good news, and soon!

7omi
Newly Registered

Post by 7omi » Wed May 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Patience guys..... i think it's cool that we all let out our fraustrations, however, we need to be patient, it's good they do thorough checks, and we have to bare in mind it is their country and they can make rules and change rules as they like. As long as you all don't have skeleton in the cupboard then you have nothing to worry about but to get on with your everyday lives.

When we get it we get it.

P.S did anyone watch the apprentice? :)

kot_olga
Newly Registered

Post by kot_olga » Wed May 11, 2011 10:42 pm

Hi, i posted my application on29th march. Called them today they said it is still waiting to be picked up by a case worker.

allta

Post by allta » Wed May 11, 2011 10:45 pm

Slightly wrote:
ferrarilondon wrote:you should definately call them as it almost 4 weeks .
Eek! Okay, thanks. I guess I was secretly hoping you guys would know of someone that had the same but was alright, but I knew really it couldn't be. Argh, I'm worried now! I'll go double check the royal mail website now and call them tomorrow as soon as I can. I assume they're available on the phones 9-5? *deep breaths*
matey, my app was received on 24th March, till now no ack letter. But called and they confirmed my application has been received since my bank acct was deducted by ND team. You'll be fine once money goes out of your acct matey.
No man can be an Island of Knowledge, a Tree doesn't make a forest

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Wed May 11, 2011 10:57 pm

7omi wrote:Patience guys..... i think it's cool that we all let out our fraustrations, however, we need to be patient, it's good they do thorough checks, and we have to bare in mind it is their country and they can make rules and change rules as they like. As long as you all don't have skeleton in the cupboard then you have nothing to worry about but to get on with your everyday lives.

Oh of course, I agree. I'm just worried because I haven't had a letter, nor have they charged me. So I'm wondering if my application got lost.
Once I know that, I'll wait however long I need to really.

And yes! Glad Alex went, he was SO spiteful! Surprised the guys didn't win though - power if t'internet I guess! What did you think?

Slightly

Post by Slightly » Wed May 11, 2011 11:02 pm

allta wrote:
matey, my app was received on 24th March, till now no ack letter. But called and they confirmed my application has been received since my bank acct was deducted by ND team. You'll be fine once money goes out of your acct matey.
Therein lies the problem; I haven't been charged yet either. Dun dun duuuuuuuun....

7omi
Newly Registered

Post by 7omi » Wed May 11, 2011 11:14 pm

Slightly wrote:
7omi wrote:Patience guys..... i think it's cool that we all let out our fraustrations, however, we need to be patient, it's good they do thorough checks, and we have to bare in mind it is their country and they can make rules and change rules as they like. As long as you all don't have skeleton in the cupboard then you have nothing to worry about but to get on with your everyday lives.

Oh of course, I agree. I'm just worried because I haven't had a letter, nor have they charged me. So I'm wondering if my application got lost.
Once I know that, I'll wait however long I need to really.

And yes! Glad Alex went, he was SO spiteful! Surprised the guys didn't win though - power if t'internet I guess! What did you think?

i understand :)

i must say i had a really gd feeling when i got acknowledgement letter alone.

Alex gone i was happy too, i want that chinese or nigerian girl gone next (nothing against nigerians im nigerian myself)

dsk

Our status and need help !

Post by dsk » Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 am

Postal
Date of submission or posting 25 Feb2011
CRITERIA - 6 yr stay (5WP + 1 yr ILR) (self + 3 dependant)
Date of debit of debit/credit card : 2 march 11
Date of receipt of acknowledgement: 12 march 11
Date of receipt of approval :Due
Date of Ceremony :Due
Date of appln. for passport :Due
Method used : Due
Date of Receipt: Due

2 aduts + 2 children (MN1)

1) After sending the application forms we realized that children reference should have been filled in by someone dealing with them. Kids aged 4yrs & 18months & our accountant who was our referee, also filled thiers as well.

Q1 Can the reject the application because of the above mention mistake? Is it worth it to send HO a reference letter for kids from health visitor now?

2) My wife was showed as self emp and me as unemployed. For self employment we sent them her tax reference letter from hmrc. Our tax is not due till oct 2011, therefore we didnt have anything else to send them except the refernce letter.

Q2 Does the above situation affect citizenship? Is there anything else we should do?

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 10:16 am

I think you should be fine, its too late to withdraw your application as money must have taken out of your account already. Did you get update from HO about your applications as most of the feb cases have been approved already.

sheryar Ahmed
Newly Registered

Post by sheryar Ahmed » Thu May 12, 2011 10:59 am

I posted my son application for brtitish citizenship on MN1 form under section 1(3)

Type: Postal
Date Posted : 05/04/2011
Date recieved by HO: 06/04/2011
Date Payment deducted on Credit card: 15/04/2011
Acknowledgement Letter Rec'd: 21/04/2011 ( dated 15/04/2011)

Called home office last week, i have been told that it has not been allocated to case worker yet, it may take berween 3 to 6 month BUT person on the phone advised to ring back after 10 working days and there should be some update.

I personally beleive it will take about 3 months for them to process it, they have loads of application just before the fees changed and number of people working in Nationality Directorate are few to handle such bulk of appliocation. DONT FORGET, its a matter of giving nationality of One's country...these things take time for various checks and considerations.
I think we all should be Patient and just wait for a minimum 3 months.

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 11:11 am

Yes you are right. But your Son must to be too young to feel the anxiety of wait lol :lol:

dsk

Update from HO

Post by dsk » Thu May 12, 2011 11:58 am

ferrarilondon wrote:I think you should be fine, its too late to withdraw your application as money must have taken out of your account already. Did you get update from HO about your applications as most of the feb cases have been approved already.
thanks, ferrarilindon for your reply.

yes, my wife called them after royal wedding. They gave standard answer 6 months....

goody09

Post by goody09 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:57 pm

Application update

Dear mates, here is my update

application for me and my son throgh NCS 3/3/2011
recieved by the HO 7/3/2011
money taken 9/3/2011
Ack recieved 11/3/2011
letter asking for more details 21/4/2011
Today 12/5/2011 recieved approval letter dated 3/5/2011

I sent them next day special delivery enevelope, but they did not use it and send it back to me with approval letter in 2nd class envelope

Hope all of you waiting will get the approval within this week

daniash

Post by daniash » Thu May 12, 2011 1:24 pm

goody09 wrote:Application update

Dear mates, here is my update

application for me and my son throgh NCS 3/3/2011
recieved by the HO 7/3/2011
money taken 9/3/2011
Ack recieved 11/3/2011
letter asking for more details 21/4/2011
Today 12/5/2011 recieved approval letter dated 3/5/2011
Great news, congratulations, the uncertain bit has finished for you, the rest is just formality.
Also gives us a good idea how long since the caseworker looks at the case until approval (in your case, probably only about a week if no additional details are needed).
Go have a party now!

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 1:27 pm

Goody congratulations mate, enjoy the stress free life now. by the way what additional documents did they request for?

goody09

Post by goody09 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:37 pm

Daniash, thanks a lot, i thought that once it is with caseworker it would be a matter of days but this not true as on 15/4/2011 i called the HO and I had a confirmation that it was with case worker, and it was just approved on 3/5/2011 so it is around 2 weeks time

ferrarilondon, You will have yours very soon may be by the weekend, my son name spills a little differnt from my name ie (one letter spill E in my name and I in my sons name) they just wanted to make sure it is not a mistake saying if it is incorrect to write to them immideatly, also the caseworker mentioned not call the HO unless it is absolutly necessery, that is all

So good luck for the rest as I am sure alot of approvels would come over this weekend

ferrarilondon
Member of Standing

Post by ferrarilondon » Thu May 12, 2011 2:07 pm

goody09 thanks for the update. Hope our painful wait over soon