ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Good Solicitor in Dublin

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zafarzafar80

Good Solicitor in Dublin

Post by zafarzafar80 » Wed May 11, 2011 8:57 pm

Hi All,
A friend of mine need assistance of a really good solicitor for his naturalization process, he had some complications.

He is not satisfied with Brophy (XXXX) and Chris Ryan (XXXX) solicitors.
Does any body know any good solicitors based in Dublin except the above mentioned ?

Quick reply would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance

Mod Edit: I am removing the first names of individual solicitors. Please do not post personal information, thanks.

ITGuru
India

Terence Lyons, Dublin / Sinnott Solicitors, Rathmines

Post by ITGuru » Wed May 11, 2011 11:12 pm

I suggest you better go to one of the following. Both specialize in Immigration matters. Talk to both, get a quote and go for the cheapest. Some law firms are just like hungry wolfs, too greedy and just exploit vulnerable people by charging mad money.

I recently dealt with both, very reasonable charges and quiet honest about what they tell their clients.

Really wonder whether there are any non-national solicitors (who really care for their clients) in dublin? Would really like to see few honest bunch of them.

Elizabeth Mitrow
Terence Lyons & Co.
4 Arran Quay, Dublin 7
Ph: 085 123 0133
Fax: 872 3954

Sinnott & Company Solicitors
Belgrave House,
15 Belgrave Road
Rathmines
Dublin 6
Ireland
+353 1 4062862
Fax: +353 1 412 6963
Last edited by ITGuru on Thu May 12, 2011 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AShawna

Re: Terence Lyons, Dublin / Sinnott Solicitors, Rathmines

Post by AShawna » Thu May 12, 2011 8:18 am

ITGuru wrote:Really wonder whether there are any non-national solicitors (who really care for their clients) in dublin? Would really like to see few honest bunch of them.
Rehoboth Solicitors
71, Middle Abbey Street, Ist floor, Dublin 1.
Tel: +353 (0) 1 8746445
Fax: +353 (0) 1 8746729
Mobile: +353 (0) 87 916 5402
email: info@rehobothsolicitors.com
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

zafarzafar80

Post by zafarzafar80 » Sat May 14, 2011 5:29 pm

Tnx guys

ostrich
Nigeria

Post by ostrich » Sat May 14, 2011 6:27 pm

you may want to try

Trayers & company
29-30 ushers quay Dublin 8
01-6336761
Ask for mary
Its never too late

koded

Post by koded » Sat May 14, 2011 8:17 pm

If your friend has tried Brophy and again another solicitor and still not quite satisfy then He or she should look into his case and know what is really wrong instead of wasting money jumping from solicitor to solicitor. To my opinion Brophy solicitor that you mention are good and I think they have been much successfully in most cases they handled.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Sun May 15, 2011 6:16 pm

koded wrote:If your friend has tried Brophy and again another solicitor and still not quite satisfy then He or she should look into his case and know what is really wrong instead of wasting money jumping from solicitor to solicitor. To my opinion Brophy solicitor that you mention are good and I think they have been much successfully in most cases they handled.

The best lawyers in the whole world will not be able to assist you in getting a quick decision, as their avenue has been cut via the High Courts refusal to grant orders stopping delays.

Neither can they succeed to challenging refusals on criminal charges or social claims, as the Minister has the power which the court won't interfere with. Unless one has provided evidence in the application to request the minister to reconsider

Just bide your time.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Mon May 16, 2011 12:08 pm

I believe there is a case pending at the moment before the High Court challenging the constitutionality of s.15 of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956 which gives the Minister ‘absolute’ discretion.

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Mon May 16, 2011 12:15 pm

ImmigrationLawyer wrote:I believe there is a case pending at the moment before the High Court challenging the constitutionality of s.15 of the Irish Nationality and Citizenship Act 1956 which gives the Minister ‘absolute’ discretion.
What are the arguments in favour, do you know? Lack of appeal avenues for applicant's, decision being arbitrary and no public guidelines for Minister to follow?

Shatter, when in opposition was vehemently oppose the the absolute discretion enjoyed by the Minister, wonder what he will do, if, the courts said we can't do anything about this. I think, the Aliens Act 1935 got struck down for being unconstitutional because the Minister of the day had discretion as to who to let in and refuse entry, and did not have to give reasons. This resulted in Section 3 of the Immigration Act 1999. So maybe there is form.

ImmigrationLawyer
Member of Standing

Post by ImmigrationLawyer » Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:35 pm

Hussain -v- MJELR
http://www.courts.ie/Judgments.nsf/0985 ... enDocument

This isn't the case I was talking about, but is good, court reinterating that fair procedures must be followed by the Minister in naturalisation cases. I heard also leave was granted last week in a naturalisation delay JR, I think the delay was very long, not sure, it won't be reported but I'll try to find out. :)