ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 dependent visas rejected for 2 reasons after Feb11

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ibs_1221
Newly Registered

tier 1 dependent visas rejected for 2 reasons after Feb11

Post by ibs_1221 » Tue May 10, 2011 10:59 am

i have noticed these days ( from Feb 2011) so many dependents tier 1 applications has been rejected for below 2 reasons.

my freinds ( including me) tier 1 dependent visa got rejected for below 2 reasons.

1) if sponsor staying in uk less than 12 months if he maintains the funds £800 ( they are asking £2800) VISA will be rejected.

2) even after submitting marriage certificate/Invitation card/marriage snaps VISA will be rejected. no idea how to prove this..what docs to include....

Who ever applying for dependent visa Please be aware of these points

chavdara
Newly Registered

Post by chavdara » Tue May 10, 2011 1:07 pm

This is not true and i can't believe this as in documents it's clearly written about £800.

Bijuk

Re: tier 1 dependent visas rejected for 2 reasons after Feb1

Post by Bijuk » Tue May 10, 2011 2:05 pm

ibs_1221 wrote:i have noticed these days ( from Feb 2011) so many dependents tier 1 applications has been rejected for below 2 reasons.

my freinds ( including me) tier 1 dependent visa got rejected for below 2 reasons.

1) if sponsor staying in uk less than 12 months if he maintains the funds £800 ( they are asking £2800) VISA will be rejected.

2) even after submitting marriage certificate/Invitation card/marriage snaps VISA will be rejected. no idea how to prove this..what docs to include....

Who ever applying for dependent visa Please be aware of these points
good observation Ibs.. i too noticed this.. bizzare...if the main applicant is in uk for less than a year then the maint fund is 800 and 1600 per dependant.. Also recently they rejected many applications on the basis of sustainable relationship. Dont know what d ocuments they required to proove this..asking for personal email communication is against human rights !!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 10, 2011 2:14 pm

Bijuk wrote:asking for personal email communication is against human rights !!
Applicants may be required to provide evidence of "subsisting relationship", depending on circumstances. It is entirely up to the applicant to decide which evidences he/she may use to prove so. UKBA doesn't ask for "personal communications" so if anyone believes that providing any such evidence(s) infringes of "human rights", the applicant is free to use alternative evidence(s).

Marriage certificate / marriage photographs / invitation card etc. are evidence(s) of a "wedding", and not a "subsisting relationship".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

beecharmer1800bc

Post by beecharmer1800bc » Tue May 10, 2011 2:33 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
Applicants may be required to provide evidence of "subsisting relationship", depending on circumstances. It is entirely up to the applicant to decide which evidences he/she may use to prove so. UKBA doesn't ask for "personal communications" so if anyone believes that providing any such evidence(s) infringes of "human rights", the applicant is free to use alternative evidence(s).

Marriage certificate / marriage photographs / invitation card etc. are evidence(s) of a "wedding", and not a "subsisting relationship".
Sushdmehta,

For this evidence then, is it ok to provide utility bill in both names say council tax, telephone bill etc?

What other evidence can the applicant give?
Don't waste your time working hard-work smart

ibs_1221
Newly Registered

Post by ibs_1221 » Tue May 10, 2011 2:45 pm

It's Hard To Believe but It's True Case workers wantedly doing this for wrong reasons. ( Tier 1 visas got stopped.. easy way to get the money..target is tier 1 dependents ) most of the people not going for appeal scared of delayed process( 2 to 3 months)

After paying huge amount (52k for each dependent) end up with rejection loosing money missing family finally waiting for appeal status..like me...

so my kind request don't give any chance to Caseworkers for R E J E C T I O N

for Seniors. Please keep this in mind

sushdmehta wrote:
Applicants may be required to provide evidence of "subsisting relationship". It is entirely up to the applicant to decide which evidences he/she may use to prove so. UKBA doesn't ask for "personal communications" so if anyone believes that providing any such evidence(s) infringes of "human rights", the applicant is free to use alternative evidence(s).

isha123
Newly Registered

Post by isha123 » Tue May 10, 2011 3:43 pm

I cannot believe this..what else can u show then..these are all legal documents..can senior members or people who have got their visas successfully please advice

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 2:52 pm

beecharmer1800bc wrote:What other evidence can the applicant give?
Some examples.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

pebb1e
Newly Registered

Post by pebb1e » Thu May 12, 2011 12:55 am

My wife just got her dependent visa last week. We got married in March and then she applied in the first week of April. It was an arrange marriage.
I was worried about the 'subsisting relationship' clause as well so i will share my experience so that can help you whilst you apply for your dependent

1) I never use to make phone calls to my wife before marriage or even after marriage. I used Skype to talk to her and then we use to video chat all the time. I just use to take two screen-shots each day on SKYPE with video (To take screenshots you have to press PRINTSCREEN on your keyboard and then open microsoft paint and hit CTRL+V to paste that screenshot on Microsoft Paint. Than save it in .jpeg format). Than you can take a printout of that .jpeg image on a A4 Paper.
I had around 20 printouts of SKYPE VIDEO chat to show that i m continuously engaged with my dependent. This is a solid enough proof that you have a subsisting relationship.

2) She had send me various greeting cards on different occasions (for e.g valentine's day, etc) through registered post from Pakistan, so once the card was delivered in the UK, it was marked as registered post from ROYAL MAIL and the postman who delivered the post took our signature too.
(When submitting your case to VAC in ur country. Keep the card outside the letter and staple it)

3) Send money to your dependent through Western Union. You will get a receipt of it in the UK. Once your dependent receives the money, she will get a receipt of it as well so attach both receipts together on your case.
I have send money to her three times

4) If you have any email conversations, surely print them out and ask her to take prints out as well

I think this will be enough to prove the subsisting relationship clause.

Here are the documents checklist which I have provided once my wife submitted her tier 1 visa form to the vac (This can help others who are applying for their dependants)

Passport (original)
Passport (photocopy + attested)
NADRA Id card copy (original +English translated)
Marriage certificate Nikah Nama (Attested by the foreign ministry)
Family certificate from NADRA
TB test screening
Wedding photographs
Wedding invitation card
Skype text/video/voice transcripts
Greeting cards
Western Union money transfer receipts
Cover letter from my wife and main applicant
Copies of the pages from passport showing personal bio data and visa
pages (main applicant)
Bank statements to show maintenance funds (main applicant)
Employment reference letter (main applicant)
Pay slips (last 6 months) (main applicant)
Tenancy agreement (Contract and inspection report)
BT Telephone bills (main applicant)
BUPA insurance certificate (main applicant, wife's covered too)
Western Union money transfer receipts (main applicant + wife)
Travel itinerary printout from PIA E-ticket to Pakistan (main applicant)
MBA degree from University of XXX

This forum has been very helpful. I built my wife's case with the help of this forum and if you need my help or got any questions than feel free to ask
thanks

isha123
Newly Registered

Post by isha123 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:57 am

Thanks for sharing this..I am sure this will be very helpful for future applicants

chavdara
Newly Registered

Post by chavdara » Thu May 12, 2011 9:53 am

Hello forum guys,

I'm now bit worried as i've just send the marriage certi which is not even in english :(

However my question is i applied for extension so will this affect my wife's application as a dependent ? We applied for extension..

Your answer is much appreicated,
Raju