ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

experience letter

Employers looking for workers, people looking for employers: Get connected here.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Automationpr
Newly Registered

experience letter

Post by Automationpr » Thu May 05, 2011 10:07 am

Hi,

Can you tell me if experience letters of previous organisations are required to apply for permanent jobs in UK.

for contract jobs , I think employers dont bother for experience letters.

Thanks

shajacksha

Re: experience letter

Post by shajacksha » Thu May 05, 2011 11:50 am

Automationpr wrote:Hi,

Can you tell me if experience letters of previous organisations are required to apply for permanent jobs in UK.

for contract jobs , I think employers dont bother for experience letters.

Thanks
For permanent jobs, previous employers HR will be contacted to obtain a reference. For contracts, the agency will be contacted. Vetting agency will do all the work for the prospective employer and will gather 2 to 5 years employment history, including credit checks etc. This is the normal procedure for any well established employers.

Automationpr
Newly Registered

re:

Post by Automationpr » Mon May 09, 2011 4:19 am

Thanks shajacksha

I hav 2 more queries. Can you try to answer them as early as possible.

When the employer gives the status as "Absconded" for an Employee,
do the HR Department maintain the database of this absconded employee?

Considering Employers maintain database of absconded employees also, will HRs give details to who ever calls them for verification.

Thanks in advance

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am

Yes definitely. That is the entire point of a reference check - if the reference checks reveal that you absconded or had to be dismissed for whatever reason, it is very likely that your new job offer can be withdrawn or contract cancelled if you have already signed (most employment contracts have a clause in regarding successful reference checks).

If reference checks did not reveal this type of information, there would be absolutely no point in conducting them.

kenfrapin

Post by kenfrapin » Mon May 09, 2011 7:56 pm

Your prospective employer will only contact those people whose details you have provided and nothing more.
Also, from what I know, for standard jobs in the IT sector, companies, big and small, do standard checks such as bankruptcy, criminal records etc - many dont even contact your employer. The companies that do contact will always ask you to provide details and professional relationship with that person.
Be smart about it - if you are an experienced person hunting for a role you should be able to manage any of your previous history the way you want it to :-)

PS :I am not advocating anything specific here and above is just my observations on trends

KP

prisat
Member of Standing

Re: re:

Post by prisat » Tue May 10, 2011 1:41 pm

Automationpr wrote:Thanks shajacksha

I hav 2 more queries. Can you try to answer them as early as possible.

When the employer gives the status as "Absconded" for an Employee,
do the HR Department maintain the database of this absconded employee?

Considering Employers maintain database of absconded employees also, will HRs give details to who ever calls them for verification.

Thanks in advance
Looks like you have "Absconded" from ur previous employer :) or planning to do one in the future.
Disclaimer :

I am not from a law firm or an attorney who provide Consultation for Immigration to UK.
Information that i provide is not the same as legal advice or legal advises. Use the message (s) and information at your own risk.

haritagepoint
Newly Registered

Post by haritagepoint » Thu May 12, 2011 8:54 am

For permanent jobs, HR former employers be contacted for a reference. For contracts, the Agency will be contacted. vetting agency will do all the work for the prospective employer and will collect the history of 2 to 5 years, employment, including credit checks, etc. This is standard procedure for any well-established employers.