ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Long residence ILR - Break of continuous residence

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Pache76
Newly Registered

Long residence ILR - Break of continuous residence

Post by Pache76 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:33 pm

Hello

Can someone please advise me on this as I keep getting conflicting information all over the place.

I'd like to know what is the maximum amount of time can you spend out of the UK, which would not be classed as a break of your continuous leave.

I've been here for 8.5 years and missing 1.5 years to make the 10 years for long residence but I'd like to go on holiday and come back.

Any help would be great. Thanks

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 10, 2011 11:47 pm

See also Long Residence.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wen4k
Newly Registered

Re: Long residence ILR - Break of continuous residence

Post by wen4k » Thu May 12, 2011 1:36 pm

Pache76 wrote:Hello

Can someone please advise me on this as I keep getting conflicting information all over the place.

I'd like to know what is the maximum amount of time can you spend out of the UK, which would not be classed as a break of your continuous leave.

I've been here for 8.5 years and missing 1.5 years to make the 10 years for long residence but I'd like to go on holiday and come back.

Hi
As long as u have a visa to come back
How many days have you been out of the country as long as its not more than 18months

have fun

sunmoon

Post by sunmoon » Thu May 12, 2011 1:41 pm

wen4k wrote:

Hi
How many days have you been out of the country as long as its not more than 18months

have fun
No more than 18 months in total but no more than 6 months(180 days) in a single visit.

Aryan2013
Member of Standing

Post by Aryan2013 » Thu May 12, 2011 5:50 pm

sunmoon wrote:
wen4k wrote:

Hi

have fun
No more than 18 months in total but no more than 6 months(180 days) in a single visit.
Long residence may or may not survive the next 1.5 years!!!!

Mehr
Newly Registered

Post by Mehr » Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:47 pm

I would like to know where does in the law it is mentioned that days of arrival and departure from the UK while traveling shall not be calculated as days of absence from the UK.
in their guidelines there is a a mention of 18 month and each month considered as 30 days.

Rosali
Newly Registered

Post by Rosali » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:22 pm

Hello
I would be very grateful if you answer my question, I am here in the UK since 10.10. 2006 as student under t4 visa. I applied to one of my visa extensions in the 28 days overstay period. My visa was expiring on 30 Oct 2015 due to problem in my bank statement. I submitted my application on 10th November 2015. Are these 10 days considered as gap in the visa or break?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon Aug 08, 2016 2:28 pm

Rosali wrote:Hello
I would be very grateful if you answer my question, I am here in the UK since 10.10. 2006 as student under t4 visa. I applied to one of my visa extensions in the 28 days overstay period. My visa was expiring on 30 Oct 2015 due to problem in my bank statement. I submitted my application on 10th November 2015. Are these 10 days considered as gap in the visa or break?
Is this your thread?

Please start your own as it is rude to hijack others' threads and also very confusing for the perennially befuddled such as myself.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:25 pm

Rosali wrote:Hello
I am awaiting feedback from senior moderators, but try this oversimplified guide.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Obie
Ireland

Post by Obie » Mon Aug 08, 2016 6:45 pm

If you are subsequent granted leave it will have no effect, as you applied 10 days after your leave expired . That was indeed under 28 days.
Smooth seas do not make skilful sailors