ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spousal Visa Application - Pakistan

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Tue May 10, 2011 4:44 pm

AliGG wrote:
AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:Sallam All

Hope all well!!!

Can someone please give me the telephone number or e-mail address of BHC in Islamabd. I would like to send a quick mail regarding the progress of my wife's application.

Thanks in advance and good luck to all of you!!

cheers,

AliGG
the gerrys email addresses are:
Islamabad isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Karachi khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Lahore lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Mirpur mirpurvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

and the ukba email address is: UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
the bhc islamabad phone number is 009251 201 2000, i dont think there is any point phoning this number bcuz i think that they dont answer questions about any applications on this number.
Please note that the British High Commission Islamabad is unable to provide visa information to personal callers. Please contact Gerry's as described above. this is written on the bhc website.
Many thanks Anjum
Sallam Anjum,

I have just sent an e-mail to KVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and lets hope they reply.

It been 7 weeks since submitted my application. Not sure what they are going to say.....

Waiting is getting difficult and difficult day by day...

Here is what I have submitted:

1/ 4 months bank statement (£2000 saving)
2/ 5 months payslips
3/ Employement contract (2 yrs in investment banking)
4/ letter from employer confirming my employment status and salary
5/ Tenancy agreement (deposit, rent receipt)
6/ Nikah nama - wedding photos, other photos when i visited them
7/ copy of my UK passport showing stamp/visa etc
8/ Evidence of financially supporting my wife (money sent via western union)
9/ Lyca phone card to show I have been in contact with my wife.
10/ Lyca phone card to show I have been in contact with my wife.
11/ Copy of MSc degree & copy of BSc degree

My income is not bad (thanks god) but my saving is not very good and they could refuse for not having enough money on my account....

The other weakness is that there is no strong evidence of communication - im sure they will not just accept phone cards - i wasn't ware of this until late... but lets hope wedding photos and other photos that i submitted helps.

Not sure what the outcome will... but i have some hope 60%... if they refuse then i have a good chance at wining in court... but lets hope it doesn't go there...

Good luck to all of you

cheers and kind regards,

AliGG
i dont realy think you need that much of a saving. my workmate had £1000 in his account and his wifes visa got accepteed. lol

in my case i think my contact evidence is the best ive sent about 100 pages of phone calls plus a print screen of emails. lmao

and also i hope you put the u infront of the k in the email address of the bhc.
I have just sent an e-mail to KVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk and lets hope they reply.

lool

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Tue May 10, 2011 8:56 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote: the gerrys email addresses are:
Islamabad isbvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Karachi khivacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Lahore lhevacmgr@gerrys.com.pk
Mirpur mirpurvacmgr@gerrys.com.pk

and the ukba email address is: UKVisaSection.PakistanSettlementEnquiries@fco.gov.uk
the bhc islamabad phone number is 009251 201 2000, i dont think there is any point phoning this number bcuz i think that they dont answer questions about any applications on this number.
Please note that the British High Commission Islamabad is unable to provide visa information to personal callers. Please contact Gerry's as described above. this is written on the bhc website.
Many thanks Anjum
Sallam Anjum,

It been 7 weeks since submitted my application. Not sure what they are going to say.....

2/ 5 months payslips

My income is not bad (thanks god) but my saving is not very good and they could refuse for not having enough money on my account....

The other weakness is that there is no strong evidence of communication - im sure they will not just accept phone cards - i wasn't ware of this until late... but lets hope wedding photos and other photos that i submitted helps.

Not sure what the outcome will... but i have some hope 60%... if they refuse then i have a good chance at wining in court... but lets hope it doesn't go there...

Good luck to all of you

cheers and kind regards,

AliGG
i dont realy think you need that much of a saving. my workmate had £1000 in his account and his wifes visa got accepteed. lol

in my case i think my contact evidence is the best ive sent about 100 pages of phone calls plus a print screen of emails. lmao

lool
Sallam anjum,

wow - thanks for that - if your mate's wife got a visa with 1000 saving -- then I can sleep tonight very well. Can I ask what was his occupation?

Yes, your communication is great and BHC will be more than satisfied by that.. well done mate.

oh yes, i put the magic "u" before the e-mail address. I haven't got a reply yet. Not sure after how long they are going to reply..... hope they reply and saying something like this -- "a decision has been made on your application -- visa issued etc" ... looks like im dreaming. LOL

Lets hope for the best.

Cheers and good luck to everyone.

AliGG
XX

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Tue May 10, 2011 11:49 pm

Thanks sister CRT7...

Well here is another update:
My wife got the message today saying "your passport has been recieved". It was a bit like mini earthquake, I was ofcourse very happy but equally or whole lot more I was terrified what if the result is not as we are expecting it.

But Alhamdullilah I have made my mind up now whatever happens it will happen for a reason, as Allah Wills, his Mercy I have trust in. Worst case scenario I will go through the appeal process, no point stressing over something I have no control over. Although I had also e-mailed at the UkVisaSection address but had no response by e-mail.

Please do make special dua for me and for all those going through same process.

Manno1

Post by Manno1 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:40 am

Dear All,

Any good news with the appeal cases? I submitted my passport on the 19th April after receiving the call letter. My TB test certificate will be expiring on 29th May 2011. I was wondering if I travel after 29th May 2011, will I need to get another TB test certificate? It is such a hectic process to get another appointment from IOM. Your suggestions will be truly appreciated.

Many thanks!!

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:48 am

You will not be able to gain entry to the UK if your TB certificate has expired. The immigration officers will check the certificate upon arrival in the UK.

You will have to arrange for another medical to obtain a new TB certificate.

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Wed May 11, 2011 8:16 am

mgsBoy86 wrote:You will not be able to gain entry to the UK if your TB certificate has expired. The immigration officers will check the certificate upon arrival in the UK.

Not exactly true.

A valid TB certificate is only required before your visa is stamped in your passport.

Once your visa is stamped in your passport,it is irrelevant whether its valid or expired when you enter UK.

You will need to show it to the Immigration Officer on arrival into UK , if he insists on seeing it. You may not be allowed in if you don't have it with you , or you might have to have one done at the airport/hospital before they allow you in the country

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 11, 2011 6:21 pm

batleykhan wrote:
mgsBoy86 wrote:You will not be able to gain entry to the UK if your TB certificate has expired. The immigration officers will check the certificate upon arrival in the UK.

Not exactly true.

A valid TB certificate is only required before your visa is stamped in your passport.

Once your visa is stamped in your passport,it is irrelevant whether its valid or expired when you enter UK.

You will need to show it to the Immigration Officer on arrival into UK , if he insists on seeing it. You may not be allowed in if you don't have it with you , or you might have to have one done at the airport/hospital before they allow you in the country
hmm. Thanks for correcting me Batley. Why on Earth did someone suggest otherwise to me. Argh!

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 11, 2011 7:34 pm

afzal786 wrote:Thanks sister CRT7...

My wife got the message today saying "your passport has been recieved". It was a bit like mini earthquake, I was ofcourse very happy but equally or whole lot more I was terrified what if the result is not as we are expecting it.

But Alhamdullilah I have made my mind up now whatever happens it will happen for a reason, as Allah Wills, his Mercy I have trust in. Worst case scenario I will go through the appeal process, no point stressing over something I have no control over. Although I had also e-mailed at the UkVisaSection address but had no response by e-mail.

Congratolation Brother!!!

Did she the message today? What is the msg on tracking site? Is it like "Application ready for collection"?

Im sure they have issued the visa. Please keep us update.

Good luck brother.

cheers,

AliGG
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 11, 2011 7:43 pm

afzal786 wrote:Goood luck Brother ALIGG, do keep us informed regaring your e-mail.

Every application is judged on its own merits inshahAllah they shouldn't refuse on just one 'calling card' issue, though I am also in the same boat as you. My uncle applied recently and had visa granted despite supplying just calling cards no other method of communication.

I am also thinking about e-mailing them as well since its been nearly 11 weeks. I take it your e-mail was simply to gain an insight as to how far your wife's applications has progressed to till this date, am I correct?
Sallam afzal,

Just to let you know, I still haven't got a reply, not sure if they are going to reply to my e-mail or not. Looks like they are taking their time and enjoying life and making us suffer...waiting.

Im really happy for you that your wife got the msg to collect her passport. Don't worry, they have stamped the visa there and no need for appeal or thinking ahead.. Just relx.

When is she going to collect her passport? tomorrow?

Please let us know.

many thanks,
AliGG
XX

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed May 11, 2011 8:04 pm

AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Many thanks Anjum
Sallam Anjum,

2/ 5 months payslips

Good luck to all of you

cheers and kind regards,

AliGG

lool
Sallam anjum,

wow - thanks for that - if your mate's wife got a visa with 1000 saving -- then I can sleep tonight very well. Can I ask what was his occupation?

Yes, your communication is great and BHC will be more than satisfied by that.. well done mate.

oh yes, i put the magic "u" before the e-mail address. I haven't got a reply yet. Not sure after how long they are going to reply..... hope they reply and saying something like this -- "a decision has been made on your application -- visa issued etc" ... looks like im dreaming. LOL

Lets hope for the best.

AliGG
WSALLAM
he works as a sales assistant with me, its kind of funny that he got no phone call and nor did my employers and also he SENT PHONE CARDS, LOADS OF THEM A SHOE BOX FULL. LOL
WHEN HE TOLD ME ABOUT THE PHONE CARDS I COULD NOT STOP LAUGHING.
i v sent bhc an email asking what the current processing time is, lets see what they say.
it says on their website that it takes 2-20 for a reply.
do u think degree certificates make a difference, i did send mine only because i needed to show why i was applying so late.

anjum786mohammed

Post by anjum786mohammed » Wed May 11, 2011 8:07 pm

AliGG wrote:

Did she the message today? What is the msg on tracking site? Is it like "Application ready for collection"?

Good luck brother.

cheers,

AliGG
good luck my bro, hope everything is all good

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 11, 2011 9:05 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:
Sallam Anjum,

2/ 5 months payslips

Good luck to all of you

cheers and kind regards,

AliGG

lool
Sallam anjum,

Lets hope for the best.

AliGG
WSALLAM
he works as a sales assistant with me, its kind of funny that he got no phone call and nor did my employers and also he SENT PHONE CARDS, LOADS OF THEM A SHOE BOX FULL. LOL
i v sent bhc an email asking what the current processing time is, lets see what they say.
it says on their website that it takes 2-20 for a reply.
do u think degree certificates make a difference, i did send mine only because i needed to show why i was applying so late.
Sallam anjum,

hahahah
hahahhahah

Oh right 2-20 days - surely it will take 5 mins to check on the system -- not sure what they doing.

Yes, I think degree certificate will help as it shows you are educated and have no problem regarding work etc...

Lets wait and see if they reply or not.

Thank you and good luck.
XX

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Wed May 11, 2011 9:06 pm

anjum786mohammed wrote:
AliGG wrote:

Good luck brother.

cheers,

AliGG
good luck my bro, hope everything is all good
Thank you and same to you!!
XX

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 11, 2011 9:28 pm

I never submitted my degree certificate as I was told it was not necessary. The biggest factor was that if I enclosed them and subsequently had them lost, then it would be a big problem in the future (obtaining another certificate from the university etc. is a real b*tch).

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:04 pm

Aslam O Alaikum,

Alhamdullilah here is another/final update inshahAllah:

Wife had msg yesteday evening around 6pm, I couldn't eat properly since heard this news nor could sleep with piece just broken sleep. Well today she has collected the passport, Allah's mercy visa has been granted!

Many thanks to my parenets, family and all my brothers and sisters on this forum for your immense help and support through this very difficult time. May Allah bless you all.

Remember me in your duas,
Afzal

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Wed May 11, 2011 11:30 pm

Alhamdulillah. I am so pleased to hear the news afzal :)

Now you can finally begin a new chapter in your life. May Allah SAWT look over you and your family. All the best for the future brother. Remember to pop back onto the forums every now and then. And please remember us in your duas.

Man, I am so happy :)

afzal786

Post by afzal786 » Thu May 12, 2011 1:41 am

mgsBoy86 wrote:Alhamdulillah. I am so pleased to hear the news afzal :)

Now you can finally begin a new chapter in your life. May Allah SAWT look over you and your family. All the best for the future brother. Remember to pop back onto the forums every now and then. And please remember us in your duas.

Man, I am so happy :)
Ameen to your duas brother. InshahAllah everything will go smooth for you to just keep faith in Allah.

certainly I will keep an eye on everyone's progress, all the best bros and sisters.

mgsBoy86

Post by mgsBoy86 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:24 am

Afzal bhai, just a quick question.

Did the UKBA ever contact your workplace?

CRT7

Post by CRT7 » Thu May 12, 2011 8:49 am

afzal 786 congrats bro!!!!

muj1

Post by muj1 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:40 am

Congratulations, Afzal!

Muj

5KHAN5

Post by 5KHAN5 » Thu May 12, 2011 9:43 am

afzal786 wrote:Aslam O Alaikum,

Wife had msg yesteday evening around 6pm, I couldn't eat properly since heard this news nor could sleep with piece just broken sleep. Well today she has collected the passport, Allah's mercy visa has been granted!

Many thanks to my parenets, family and all my brothers and sisters on this forum for your immense help and support through this very difficult time. May Allah bless you all.

Afzal

Many Many Congratulations. Reading everyones comments on this forum gives us all the HOPE that things can go right. May Allah(swt) Give you and your wife a very happy life together.
My Prayers are with all brothers and Sisters in similar situations.

skah786

Post by skah786 » Thu May 12, 2011 4:32 pm

MashaAllah, mubarak brother Afzal.

duas

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu May 12, 2011 6:12 pm

afzal brothr....CONGRATULATION...MAY Allah bless u both A happy and long life together!!!!!!!!!!AMEEEEEEEEENNN

make dua for us all aswelll...and show ur wife all these post!!!,...jus so she know how much we was all thinking bout u and her lol...

see ppl...inshallah, it wil work oput for all of us...jus b patient!!!

XnailaX
- thin ice -

Post by XnailaX » Thu May 12, 2011 6:14 pm

[quote="mgsBoy86"]Alhamdulillah. I am so pleased to hear the news afzal :)

Man, I am so happy :)[/quote]

ameeeen...

AliGG

Post by AliGG » Thu May 12, 2011 8:56 pm

afzal786 wrote:Aslam O Alaikum,

Afzal

I am so happy for you afzal. wish all the best in the future.
:)
XX