ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Rent paid by company and ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Julian
Newly Registered

Rent paid by company and ILR

Post by Julian » Thu May 12, 2011 3:35 pm

Hi,

Company has provided me accomdation as I have to travel and I am living rent free.

I am paying council tax for me and my wife.
What would be the documentation required at the time of ILR? I have to show rent going out of my bank account or council tax proof would be enough?

Cheers
Julian

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 12, 2011 3:46 pm

Are you and your wife living at the same address?

Julian
Newly Registered

Yes

Post by Julian » Thu May 12, 2011 3:48 pm

Yes we are living at same address

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 12, 2011 4:16 pm

A letter from employer certifying "company provided / paid accommodation" should suffice, along with a copy of the council tax bill in your name.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Julian
Newly Registered

Post by Julian » Thu May 12, 2011 5:19 pm

Thanks for your reply.
I think this letter won't be possible. My ILR is due in July2012, is one year rent record enough (if i start renting from this month to next year)? I am also planning to buy a property would that help?
Cheers

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Thu May 12, 2011 5:28 pm

All you need to do is provide evidence that you can accommodate and maintain yourself without recourse to public funds. Documents relating to accommodation (current at the time of application) do just that.

Whether you live in a house provided by company or rent privately or buy a house is up to you. And there is no requirement for applicants to provide history of how they have accommodated themselves in the entire "qualifying residential period".
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

Julian
Newly Registered

Post by Julian » Thu May 12, 2011 5:33 pm

Thanks a lot for your reply. I think there are so many versions floating around regarding this requirement, your sentence explains it all.

Many thanks again I hope all people who are having doubts on this condition can now relax and read your reply.

Take care