ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help regarding dependant visa

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

bnagdev282
Newly Registered
India

help regarding dependant visa

Post by bnagdev282 » Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:51 am

i am currently studying an MBA from london and need some help regarding dependant visa .It would be great if you could help me. My course length is of 12 months and 6 months have already been completed. I was planing to apply for my wife visa in around Mar/Apr . Is there any rule which states that i should a specified amount of time left in the course for me to apply for her dependant visa . And also if i apply can she work in UK ??

Thanking you in advance.

kkj
BANNED

Post by kkj » Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:03 am

The law says:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Can my dependants join me in the UK?
(GENERAL) STUDENT

From 3 March 2010, if you will be studying in the UK for six months or less you cannot bring your partners and / or children (also known as dependants) to the United Kingdom with you.

If you will be studying in the UK for longer than six months you can bring your partners and / or children with you.

Your husband, wife, civil partner or eligible partner and children under 18 can join you as your dependants in the UK if:

*you are studying in the UK for more than six months
*they have a visa for this purpose and
*you can support them without any help from public funds. If your primary site of study is in the Inner London Boroughs (see above), you will need £533 for each dependant accompanying you or joining you later in the UK, for each month they intend to be in the UK, up to a maximum of 9 months. You will need £400 for each month of stay for each of your dependants, if your primary site of study is outside the Inner London Boroughs. Different levels of maintenance apply if your family member is making an application to extend their stay (see Tier 4 Guidance).

If the Tier 4 (General) Student has official financial sponsorship (see above) this may also include the costs of the family member(s). You will need to provide a letter from the sponsoring organisation confirming this (See our Adult students - Applying section for details of what this letter must contain).

Your dependants will not be entering under the points-based system. They are entering as the dependant of a points-based system Migrant.

Can my dependants work in the UK?
From 3 March 2010, for family members of Tier 4 (General) Students only – if your grant of leave is for a course of study below degree level, that is not a foundation degree course, your family member will not be allowed to work whilst in the United Kingdom.
Full details can be seen on http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21818477
My advice is for guidance only, if you want the law then consult a lawyer!**********************************************************

chetka
Newly Registered

Post by chetka » Thu May 12, 2011 6:39 pm

I read it so many times and can't get it.
What if the course was longer then 6 month, but left already less the 6 month???
Can anybody tell if it really possible to apply?
My husband intend to enrol a new course, but he still didn't do that and have some time for it.

http://www.ukcisa.org.uk/student/info_s ... ily.php#t4
as I read here is fine:
Your dependants (as defined below) will not be able to apply for immigration permission as your dependant if your immigration permission was granted for a course of study that is six months or less

Does someone has successful application with the same circumstances??
kkj wrote:The law says:

Can my dependants join me in the UK?
(GENERAL) STUDENT

From 3 March 2010, if you will be studying in the UK for six months or less you cannot bring your partners and / or children (also known as dependants) to the United Kingdom with you.

If you will be studying in the UK for longer than six months you can bring your partners and / or children with you.

Your husband, wife, civil partner or eligible partner and children under 18 can join you as your dependants in the UK if:

*you are studying in the UK for more than six months
*they have a visa for this purpose and
*you can support them without any help from public funds. If your primary site of study is in the Inner London Boroughs (see above), you will need £533 for each dependant accompanying you or joining you later in the UK, for each month they intend to be in the UK, up to a maximum of 9 months. You will need £400 for each month of stay for each of your dependants, if your primary site of study is outside the Inner London Boroughs. Different levels of maintenance apply if your family member is making an application to extend their stay (see Tier 4 Guidance).

If the Tier 4 (General) Student has official financial sponsorship (see above) this may also include the costs of the family member(s). You will need to provide a letter from the sponsoring organisation confirming this (See our Adult students - Applying section for details of what this letter must contain).

Your dependants will not be entering under the points-based system. They are entering as the dependant of a points-based system Migrant.

Can my dependants work in the UK?
From 3 March 2010, for family members of Tier 4 (General) Students only – if your grant of leave is for a course of study below degree level, that is not a foundation degree course, your family member will not be allowed to work whilst in the United Kingdom.
Full details can be seen on http://www.ukvisas.gov.uk/en/howtoapply ... t#21818477