ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Info required for Indefinite leave to remain

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

ssm4u
India

Info required for Indefinite leave to remain

Post by ssm4u » Sat May 07, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi,

I've a valid UK Tier 1 visa for 2 years which is valid for 2 years. I entered into UK after 7.5 months. Now even after the initial extension I can't apply for Indefinite leave to remain as my 5 year stay criteria is not fulfilled.

My wife is also at UK with Tier 2 visa which is valid for 2 years. But as from Tier 2 you can't convert to Indefinite leave to remain". So if after completion of her 2 year visa then she will apply for my dependent is there a chance for her to get an indefinite leave to remain.
ssm4u

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Sun May 08, 2011 12:28 am

As per current rules ILR is given after 5 yr stay in UK.

[iD]

Re: Info required for Indefinite leave to remain

Post by [iD] » Mon May 09, 2011 2:44 am

ssm4u wrote:Hi,

I've a valid UK Tier 1 visa for 2 years which is valid for 2 years. I entered into UK after 7.5 months. Now even after the initial extension I can't apply for Indefinite leave to remain as my 5 year stay criteria is not fulfilled.

My wife is also at UK with Tier 2 visa which is valid for 2 years. But as from Tier 2 you can't convert to Indefinite leave to remain". So if after completion of her 2 year visa then she will apply for my dependent is there a chance for her to get an indefinite leave to remain.
If she switches as your dependant then she will only get ILR if you get ILR. And you will get ILR only after completing 5 years, which means you'll have to go through another extension to cover late entry.
Goodluck.

ssm4u
India

Post by ssm4u » Thu May 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Is it allowed to take one more extension after the 2+3 years for Tier 1 extension expires.
ssm4u

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 13, 2011 12:35 pm

ssm4u wrote:Is it allowed to take one more extension after the 2+3 years for Tier 1 extension expires.
Yes.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!