ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR Visa Help

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Pisko54
Newly Registered

FLR Visa Help

Post by Pisko54 » Fri May 06, 2011 11:34 pm

Hi All

I got married just last week and i will apply for spouse visa when we get my wife passport back. the problem is my wife is 5 months pregnant and cant handle working any more. she is chef and works long hours (11 hours only 10 mins break) she decided to stop working next month. she will apply for maternity allowance from government cos she didnt work long enough at her current work place. would that effect my visa ? cos it says at HO website;

both of you will be able to maintain yourselves and any dependants adequately without needing public funds.

i have got enough money in my accounts any ideas?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 9:49 am

Your wife has to show that she won't claim any additional Public funds (benefits) due to you joining her. She is entitled to claim her maternity grant.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:19 pm

Casa wrote:Your wife has to show that she won't claim any additional Public funds (benefits) due to you joining her. She is entitled to claim her maternity grant.
thanks for reply Casa. I would like to ask you something else.

I have been in the UK since 2005 i came here as a student i studied 2 years language school and 2 years HND Tourism after that i got 2 years fresh talent visa and im working full time at my uncles business. i have got more than £5k in my savings and current account plus i and my wife have joint account where we put all wedding present money. im telling this cos you said im joining her. i mean i didnt come to the UK with fiance visa or im not married in my own country. does it make any difference? im a over worried person my questions might be silly but i would like you to help me if you can.

Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 1:25 pm

Sorry Pisko....I should have said 'once you are living together on the spouse visa'. With your savings + your earnings etc. there doesn't appear to be a problem with showing sufficient finance.
Do you need to take the A1 English test before the application? i.e, you don't have an exempt nationality or hold a Batchelor's degree taught in English?

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Sat May 07, 2011 1:32 pm

Casa wrote:Sorry Pisko....I should have said 'once you are living together on the spouse visa'. With your savings etc. there doesn't appear to be a problem with showing sufficient finance.
Do you need to take the A1 English test before the application? i.e, you don't have an exempt nationality or hold a Batchelor's degree taught in English?
im turkish actually i dont need to take any English test cos i have got Tier 1 visa but i will still send them my HND Tourism Certificate. im only worried about my wife maternity allowance fund cos they say we should not get any benefits. But surely a pregnant woman cant work after a while and they have to have some money to live. she is not taking it right now but will apply next month im planning to send my documents middle of this month and on visa form i ticked no public funds recieving.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 1:57 pm

Your wife is able to claim the maternity benefit without if affecting your application. If you're switching from Tier 1 to FLR(M) I believe you will still need to take the A1 English test. The HND Tourism certificate won't be accepted in place of the A1 test.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:02 pm

Casa wrote:Your wife is able to claim the maternity benefit without if affecting your application. If you're switching from Tier 1 to FLR(M) I believe you will still need to take the A1 English test. The HND Tourism certificate won't be accepted in place of the A1 test.
http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... icants.pdf

The new English requirement does not apply to the following groups of applicants:
•
spouse or partner of Tier 1 and Tier 2 visa applicants
•
spouse or partner of a student
•
visitors
•
refugees or spouses of refugees applying on the basis of family reunion
•
dependent children
•
spouse or partner of an EEA national
•
spouse or partner of a member of the armed forces applying under Part 7 of the Immigration Rules
•
applicants for indefinite leave to remain

thats what it says casa i was student i have got tier 1 visa and waiting for a baby it doesnt apply to me at all but i still wanna send my HND certificate.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 2:27 pm

You're the spouse of a British Citizen...not the spouse of a Tier 1 visa holder, or spouse of student etc.
The spouse (you) of a BC when switching to FLR(M) isn't exempt unless they hold a Batchelor's Degree or are from a country on the exempt list.
Sorry, but it does apply to you and the HND certificate won't help and neither will the fact that your British wife is pregnant. You'll need to take the test before you apply for FLR(M).
I've just noticed that although you say you're switching to FLR(M) you haven't actually said whether your wife if British. Is she?

vinny

Post by vinny » Sat May 07, 2011 2:33 pm

The A1 test may be applicable if you're switching to FLR(M) (284(ix)).
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:39 pm

Casa wrote:You're the spouse of a British Citizen...not the spouse of a Tier 1 visa holder, or spouse of student etc.
The spouse (you) of a BC when switching to FLR(M) isn't exempt unless they hold a Batchelor's Degree or are from a country on the exempt list.
Sorry, but it does apply to you and the HND certificate won't help and neither will the fact that your British wife is pregnant. You'll need to take the test before you apply for FLR(M).
I've just noticed that although you say you're switching to FLR(M) you haven't actually said whether your wife if British. Is she?
My wife is british I have passed IELTS EXAM before I started college it was around 4 years ago

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 2:43 pm

I believe that IELTS is only valid for 2 years. Wait for confirmation on this. Was this issued by one of the official providers on the UKBA list?

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Sat May 07, 2011 2:56 pm

Casa wrote:I believe that IELTS is only valid for 2 years. Wait for confirmation on this. Was this issued by one of the official providers on the UKBA list?
aye it is listed but it is valid for 2 years. how can a spouse of student doesnt need english reqirement but i need. i have studied 2 years english and 2 years higher national diploma.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 2:59 pm

Sorry, but it's the UKBA requirement now for settlement. I would look for a provider on the list who is local to you and book the test ASAP. Your FLR(M) application will be refused without the pass certificate.
Last edited by Casa on Sat May 07, 2011 3:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Sat May 07, 2011 3:00 pm

Casa wrote:Sorry, but it's the requirement now for settlement.
where can i book a1 test?

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... e-partners

on this page Alternatively, if you make an application which we receive on or before 17 July 2011, you can demonstrate your English language ability using a test that is on the previous list of acceptable tests and approved test providers for partners (PDF 144KB opens in a new window).

IELTS is on the list and there is no Test validity.

http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... rtners.pdf

do i still need to take an exam?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 3:50 pm

I believe the requirement for an IELTS test to have been issued within the last 2 years is due to the fact that the IELTS providers state they are unable to verify the validity of a certificate dated earlier than this.
However, you should seek your own confirmation on this.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Sat May 07, 2011 5:14 pm

Casa wrote:I believe the requirement for an IELTS test to have been issued within the last 2 years is due to the fact that the IELTS providers state they are unable to verify the validity of a certificate dated earlier than this.
However, you should seek your own confirmation on this.
I booked a KET exam for next month I believe they won't accept my IELTS paper so better to have another exam. A teacher said there 12-13 years old kids do that exam. It should be very easy hopefully. Thanks for your information on everything Casa I might be refused co of misunderstanding.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sat May 07, 2011 5:17 pm

You're welcome. :wink: The test is the most basic level...you'll fly through it. If you're stuck with anything else, just post.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Thu May 12, 2011 12:27 pm

Hi Casa

I have got few questions again. I will be pleased if you answer them.

First question is on FLR(M) visa form on benefits page it doesnt give option as maternatiy leave allowance and at time my wife will not be working what should we do cos she will get some money from government cos of not working. I cant tick she is working i cant tick benefits cos none of them is suitable for us.

Second question is, I will sit an exam on 3rd of June but they said it will take 6 weeks to find out results, can I send my application form while I wait my results? Like I can provide them my Candidate ID and stuff?

Im looking forward to hear from you soon mate.

Thanks in advance.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu May 12, 2011 9:13 pm

You don't need to tick benefits as Maternity Benefit isn't considered Public Funds. If I were you (but remember I'm not a legal professional) I would submit proof that you've taken the exam + your old IELTS certificate.
Only submit by post...not in person at a PEO.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:54 am

Casa wrote:You don't need to tick benefits as Maternity Benefit isn't considered Public Funds. If I were you (but remember I'm not a legal professional) I would submit proof that you've taken the exam + your old IELTS certificate.
Only submit by post...not in person at a PEO.
ok i wont tick benefits but it is asking if my wife is working she wont be working at time i cant tick it as working so i have to tick it she is not working.

what i have to do shall i write a note she is getting maternity leave allowance?

whose finance is important mine or my wife? she is british.

Im also sure i have seen that, i can provide them my candidate number and some other stuff so they can check online.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 13, 2011 9:51 am

It doesn't matter who the main earner is, or that your wife isn't working at present. Include a note with your application as you suggest regarding your wife's situation.
Include the information you have for the ILETS test. You never know, you may get lucky and have the original one accepted.

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Fri May 13, 2011 10:47 am

Casa wrote:It doesn't matter who the main earner is, or that your wife isn't working at present. Include a note with your application as you suggest regarding your wife's situation.
Include the information you have for the ILETS test. You never know, you may get lucky and have the original one accepted.
Hi Casa

Thanks for answering my questions. what i saw today at cambridge website is,

Results Verification Service

If you need to allow employers, universities or other organisations to verify your examination results, just send them your Candidate ID and Candidate Secret Number (printed on your Statement of Entry) and they can check your result quickly and securely online at http://verification.CambridgeESOLonline.org.

do home office accept this?

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Fri May 13, 2011 12:35 pm

If this will give your KETS result then I'm guessing yes...but it is only a guess. Hopefully one of the other members will be able to confirm.
You've got your original IELTS certificate which you can submit as well?

Pisko54
Newly Registered

Post by Pisko54 » Fri May 13, 2011 4:23 pm

Casa wrote:If this will give your KETS result then I'm guessing yes...but it is only a guess. Hopefully one of the other members will be able to confirm.
You've got your original IELTS certificate which you can submit as well?
yes i have got my original IELTS certificate.

I guess HO can check my results. but i hope one of other members or moderator can help me out on this cos i wanna send my application ASAP i dont wanna think about my visa stuff when our baby is due.