ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Still waiting for HO to reply

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

sweetness

Still waiting for HO to reply

Post by sweetness » Tue May 10, 2011 9:11 pm

Dear all,

My husband has applied for permanent settlement in the UK (ILR).
We went in person to the HO office to apply for his settlement in February.
Yet, it has been 12 weeks and we have not recieved a reply in any form.

During our visit to the HO, a member of the officer had kept all the documents and told us to wait until 13 weeks, as she had to investigate further.

Two questions she had asked us were:
1) we gave them a variety of documents. However, the officer said that my husband was fine but that I lacked in providing documents for a certain year for myself. I told her, that I was a student and didn't get many letters in my name. Even though, I provided bank statements for the 2 years.

2) she asked me how old I was, and how old my husband was? We answered her questions. However, I can understand as to why she might have asked that questions due to because I was 17 when I got married to my husband with parental permission.

My problem is that, we are still waiting and there is still no reply. I do not understand as to why they needed to investigate further, and yet they give no reply. They are treating us like postal applications, even though we have paid for the 24 hour day service in person. Is there anything that my husband can do at this stage? or should we just keep waiting?
Last edited by sweetness on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: Still waiting for HO to reply

Post by mochyn » Wed May 11, 2011 9:14 am

sweetness wrote:Dear all,

My husband has applied for permanent settlement in the UK (ILR).
We went in person to the HO office to apply for his settlement in February.
Yet, it has been 12 weeks and we have not recieved a reply in any form.

During our visit to the HO, a member of the officer had kept all the documents and told us to wait until 13 weeks, as she had to investigate further.

Two questions she had asked us were:
1) we gave them a variety of documents. However, the officer said that my husband was fine but that I lacked in providing documents for a certain year for myself. I told her, that I was a student and didn't get many letters in my name. Even though, I provided bank statements for the 2 years.

2) she asked me how old I was, and how old my husband was? We answered her questions. However, I can understand as to why she might have asked that questions due to because I was 17 when I got married to my husband with parental permission.

My problem is that, we are still waiting and there is still no reply. I do not understand as to why they needed to investigate further, and yet they give no reply. They are treating us like postal applications, even though we have paid for the 24 hour day service in person. Is there anything that my husband can do at this stage? or should we just keep waiting?
The same day service is for straightforward application but if there are problems then it is treated as a postal application which takes about 14 weeks to get result. Just wait another couple of weeks.At least you are together which is less stressful than those who are parted from loved ones

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 11, 2011 2:04 pm

See also Waiting times
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

sweetness

Post by sweetness » Fri May 13, 2011 1:47 pm

Thank you for your help and reply. I think the wise thing to do is wait for a few more days and then call the HO for the application status as well as advice. I just want it to be done asap for my husband. He lost his father and couldn't visit him and now his mum is ill which he cannot visit until his visa arrives and everything is okay.

I don't understand why they find this application difficult, when everything has been provided to them, except for what she asked for.
Last edited by sweetness on Sat Jun 25, 2011 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Sat May 14, 2011 7:31 am

sweetness wrote:Thank you for your help and reply. I think the wise thing to do is wait for a few more days and then call the HO for the application status as well as advice. I just want it to be done asap for my husband. He lost his father and couldn't visit him and now his mum is ill which he cannot visit until his visa arrives and everything is okay.

I don't understand why they find this application difficult, when everything has been provided to them, except for what she asked for.
maybe they have a heavy workload?