ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

A question on accommodation and documentary evidence.

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ZD

A question on accommodation and documentary evidence.

Post by ZD » Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:28 pm

Hi all,

My wife is applying for a spouse visa and I have a question regarding accommodation. I currently live with my parents in a 4 bedroom house which is rented from the local council. I’ve had a look at the IND guidelines and the house would not be overcrowded if I include my wife and child. My question in reference o the documentary evidence I need to supply. Would the following be sufficient:

• Letter from my parents confirming that I live with them.
• Copy of the tenancy agreement.
• Pictures of the rooms.
• Dimensions of the rooms/house.

Is there anything else I would need? Would living with parents have any bearing on the application even though the housing is not over crowded?

Thanks.

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:26 pm

ZD, have a look at this topic.

As regards your queries, get a letter from the council that they have no objection to you, your wife and child moving into the property.

Also document the house. Grab a tape measure and establish how many rooms, ignoring any Spam, bathroom or toilet, exceed 50 square feet in size. Also state that if the visa applications are successful, how many adults and how many children will be living in the place. And as regards children, their ages?

In other words make it easy for the ECO dealing with the visa application to see that the place is indeed not overcrowded.

And pics of the place? No harm in including some, to show that the place is not just about to fall down.
John