ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse-settlement - NI etc

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

newlymarried
Newly Registered

Spouse-settlement - NI etc

Post by newlymarried » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:05 am

we have just recently returned from having our settlement visa granted.

The interview was not a pleasent experience as the ECO told us she had a bad tummy that day therefore she was in a bad mood from the start, she also seemed to hold a cynical view of overseas relatrionships and said they always fail and hope ours doesn't go the same way (thanks for the marriage congratulations there then!!) !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All our paperwork was as complete as possible therefore she had no grounds for refusal, she seemed slightly annoyed that i have a legal background which could be noticed in my sponsor letter.

My husband now is allowed to work but not to claim public funds

How does he obtain a NI number and are there any other things he must do before starting work!!

Chess
Diamond Member

Post by Chess » Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:24 am

Newlymarried,

Congratulations on the settlement visa and the marriage.

Regarding NI number refer to link below:

http://www.inlandrevenue.gov.uk/nic/ynino.htm#4

About the ECO issue of 'overseas/foreign/inter-facial' marriages - dont get offended - she was just giving examples based on her experience.

I am sure you will prove her wrong 8)

All the best and goodluck with the future
Where there is a will there is a way.

lindelwood
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse-settlement - NI etc

Post by lindelwood » Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:59 pm

newlymarried wrote:to hold a cynical view of overseas relatrionships and said they always fail
Your ECO could benefit substantially by taking the trouble to keep informed by the Office of National Statistics. UK-to-foreign marriages are continuing after 5 years at a rate of 80%.

ibitoyea
Newly Registered

Re: Spouse-settlement - NI etc

Post by ibitoyea » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:24 pm

please kindly advise me on what to do.i have once applied for a visiting visa to visit my wife in uk when she was stil a student and it was not granted while i appealed against the refusal. and when the oral appeal took place in the court , it was not also granted based on the fact that she was still a student and because of the financial aspect of the trip.

but now she had finished school and she said i should come and join her finally with my daughter who is a step daughter to her,pls advise me on what to do

i have allthe doc and my uncle will also be supporting me with 300 pounds monthly . so i will go there iwht her bank acc and my uncles bank acc and all other doc.pls get back to me on this issue and i will be grateful

yours
ibit

JAJ
Australia

Post by JAJ » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:35 pm

Why on earth are you hijacking a thread that's over 2 years old? Moderators, is this allowed?

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Thu Nov 23, 2006 6:41 pm

JAJ I share your concern ... and thus I am going to lock this.

Ibitoyea, please start a new topic for your question.
John