ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

tier 1 extension

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

params0073
United Kingdom

tier 1 extension

Post by params0073 » Sun May 15, 2011 6:15 pm

Hi,
I am going for my extension early next year.I have some doubts-

1.How early can i apply for the extension?( i am thinking of applying for extension in Dec 2011 but it is due on march 2012)

2.When i applied for first time i applied on the basis of bachelor degree but now can i apply my extension on basis of master degree?

3.How many extension can i have after the first extension?

4.Is there any rule that after 2nd extension i have to complete my 5 years for PR? or can i go for 3 extension ?

params0073
United Kingdom

Post by params0073 » Tue May 17, 2011 10:33 am

Any reply from anybody/Moderator ?

surb123
Newly Registered

Post by surb123 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:10 pm

1) there is no such timeline. They say ideally 1 month before expiry. i would suggest 2 months before your visa expiry

2) yes if you have one.

3) how many ever possible provided you are eligible.

4) No there is no such rule as far i am concerned. but once you complete 5 years of stay then its suggested to apply for PR so that there is no issues.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 17, 2011 1:26 pm

Please just note that the government does not have to keep the laws open and allow extensions indefinitely. That would mean that in 30 years time, they still have to keep an archive of today's rules just in case someone decides to keep extending for that long. I don't see that happening.

I work on the worst case scenario, which I see the government allowing the last set of applicants who applied on 5 April 2011 their extension in order to get to settlement. Therefore, according to my worst case scenario, I am working towards extensions being stopped altogether for Tier 1 (General) from 5 April 2013.

This is *my* worst case scenario which I'm working towards, it's not a rule and it's not based on anything other than my gut feeling of the worst thing they can do. Therefore, please do NOT take this as a fact - I am simply illustrating that you need to also think of a worst case scenario, because the government cannot let people extend indefinitely. Rules are going to change...it's just about playing your cards right.