ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA Family Permit Online Application Queries. Help Needed!

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

devster
Newly Registered

EEA Family Permit Online Application Queries. Help Needed!

Post by devster » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:47 am

Hi all,

I was wondering if someone could kindly help me and my wife with some questions we have encountered on the online application for a EEA Family Permit?

They are:

12 How long do you intend to stay in the UK?

- Should we put "Indefinitely" here as we intend to live in the UK indefinitely

14 On which date do you intend to leave the UK?

- If we intend to stay indefinitely what date should we put here? To clarify we have to put a figure in here as it requires an entry.

129 You answered 'Yes' to the question 'Do you intend to work in the UK?' Please provide details.

- What should we put in here? Attach a CV in support? Or explain what she would like to do?

It's strange as the paper document for the same application there is a section "Your life in the UK" which asks "Where do you and the EEA national plan to live in the UK?". However, this question is omitted from the online application. Any ideas on why this may be?

Many thanks in advance for all your help and advice.

Dev and Yuki.

86ti
Diamond Member

Post by 86ti » Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:16 am

criceto
Newly Registered

Post by criceto » Wed Apr 13, 2011 11:32 am

Devster,
In my application form I wrote that I intended to stay for 6 months (the validity of the FP), and respectively put the dates. At the Visa Application Center I mentioned this to the lady, saying that I put the departure date roughly as I obviously cannot know precisely when I will leave for the UK and when I will return. She said that was OK, as even on their website they strongly recommend not to book any tickets before getting the visa.

devster
Newly Registered

Post by devster » Tue Apr 19, 2011 7:17 pm

Thanks everyone.

To criceto, you put 6 months as your stay. I find this part of the application so confusing as I am going to be living in the UK forever (well at least for now this is the plan) and I want my wife to live in the UK with me forever too. They first ask how long you intend to stay in the UK, which we have answerd "Indefinitely". They then ask what date will you arrive in the UK and what date will you leave. So are you saying that even if we intend on staying here indefinitely we should still put 6 months as the figure, so for example, from the 9th May 2011 - 9th November 2011?

Thanks again! Much appreciated.

thosekids
Newly Registered

Re: EEA Family Permit Online Application Queries. Help Neede

Post by thosekids » Sun May 15, 2011 3:59 pm

devster wrote:
129 You answered 'Yes' to the question 'Do you intend to work in the UK?' Please provide details.

- What should we put in here? Attach a CV in support? Or explain what she would like to do?
Can I ask what you ended up answering for this question? It won't let me leave the space blank.

devster
Newly Registered

Post by devster » Sun May 15, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi there,

We actually ended up giving a brief explanation of her experiences and that yes, she does intend to work in the UK.

Thanks.

oxygrin
Newly Registered

Re:

Post by oxygrin » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:31 am

devster wrote:Hi there,

We actually ended up giving a brief explanation of her experiences and that yes, she does intend to work in the UK.

Thanks.
Hi Devster,

I am wondering if you got your FP in the end? and if yes, what was your answer to the question - HOW LONG TO YOU INTEND TO STAY IN THE UK?

thanks a lot :D

osasere24
Newly Registered

Post by osasere24 » Tue Jul 08, 2014 3:50 pm

@ oxygrin i got my eea family visa today... just put , 2 weeks.. thats what i did.. and my wife stated that we are going for 2 weeks holidays. On her cover letter.

Ernie
Newly Registered

Post by Ernie » Mon Jun 08, 2015 4:37 pm

Hi,

I was wondering if you had exercised your treaty rights previously or not? Have you lived in another EEA country together with your spouse, prior to applying for the EEA FP?

I am in the situation where we want to apply for it, I am an Irish national and hold an Irish passport, but I was born in England and only lived in Ireland for a few years when I was an infant. I have never held a British passport, but I assume that I have British citizenship now, as well as Irish? I was relying on my Irish nationality, but I am now worried whether I would be considered to be exercising treaty rights in the UK or not.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.