ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Any reply from DoJ for Zambrano Stamp Change application?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Fri May 13, 2011 3:39 pm

cleangreen wrote:Do you need letter from DOJ for changing from stamp 3 to stamp 4, or one can go directly to GNIB office?

Not sure. but at present seems they are changing stamps for people with letter. There is no harm in sending an application to INIS.i met a guy at Garda station he got reply from INIS with in a week after applying.

I went to main Garda station today, immigration officer there changed my status to stamp 4 for one year. he said he have no communication about this policy change so he is just giving me stamp 4 for one year becoz i have a letter from INIS.

Intrestingly INIS removed the relevant information for stamp change from there website. seems there is miscommunication or no communication between INIS and GNIB.

Reetu
Newly Registered

Post by Reetu » Fri May 13, 2011 7:39 pm

I didn't get changed my stamp status to Stamp-4 even for one year. I have letter from DOJ asking me to contact local immigration office to get change my stamp status. I have this letter with all other documents i went to local immigration office, but reply was quite surprise. They told that they don't have any kind of relevant instruction from DOJ and for this reason they can't do it now and it means i have to wait more. It is quite very disturbing approach from the immigration officer and now i don't know what to do with the letter from DOJ.

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

Zambrano case advise

Post by mehroozeb » Fri May 13, 2011 7:48 pm

Hello everyone!
i have a question regarding zambrano case ............... my friend has an irish son born in july 2004.he never applied for any visa to the republic of ireland before. although he came to northern ireland many times on work permit. can he his wife and second son(non irish) apply for a visa or irish citizenship on the basis of zambrano case,, they are currently living in pakistan and are pakistani citizens.

will really appreciate your help.
many thanks

geo123
Newly Registered

the zambrano effect

Post by geo123 » Sat May 14, 2011 8:12 am

hi guys just to clear dome doubts regarding the zambrano case, i applied on tuesday with all documents got the inis letter on friday went to the local garda HQ on friday itself got 1 year stamp 4 visa bcoz my pp is expiring next year normely they will issue the stamp for 3 years so i have to keep the inis letter next time when i goto the garda. Now regarding the inis letter i believe u have to have this there are some confusion going on so its really up to u and they are charging 150 euros. i believe this information wil help u guys.thanks

hollymarmar
Newly Registered

Re: the zambrano effect

Post by hollymarmar » Sat May 14, 2011 11:17 am

I m just wondering what stamp u had before change to stamp 4 ,cause I send my doc to INIS 22/03/2011 and attach the original birth cert of the baby on 24/04/2011 all register post and all sent to IBC Dep , But I apply to get change from stamp 1 (work permit) and my wife stamp 3 (spouse work permit ) I apply for both of us to be change I have feeling they late cause stamp 1 WP make some delay

ITGuru
India

Re: Zambrano case advise

Post by ITGuru » Sat May 14, 2011 11:24 am

mehroozeb wrote:Hello everyone!
i have a question regarding zambrano case ............... my friend has an irish son born in july 2004.he never applied for any visa to the republic of ireland before. although he came to northern ireland many times on work permit. can he his wife and second son(non irish) apply for a visa or irish citizenship on the basis of zambrano case,, they are currently living in pakistan and are pakistani citizens.

will really appreciate your help.
many thanks
All parents of Irish Citizen children are eligible for stamp 4 irrespective of their country of origin. If they are not in Ireland they have to send the application to the address mentioned at INIS website

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Sat May 14, 2011 11:54 am

Do any of you know of any ADULT Irish citizens using Zambrano for their spouse? Do you know if anyone has applied?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

geo123
Newly Registered

zambrano effect

Post by geo123 » Sat May 14, 2011 1:05 pm

i was on stamp 3 i think u shold apply repatriatin div as all my friends got the inis letter within a week

Monifé

Re: zambrano effect

Post by Monifé » Sat May 14, 2011 2:20 pm

geo123 wrote:i was on stamp 3 i think u shold apply repatriatin div as all my friends got the inis letter within a week
Thanks. It's for my partner. He has no status in Ireland at the moment and we do not think the Minister would look favourably on us if we applied as spouse of Irish national due to negative immigration history.

Have you heard of any non-EU spouses of Irish getting it or applying for it?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Sat May 14, 2011 2:30 pm

Reetu wrote:I didn't get changed my stamp status to Stamp-4 even for one year. I have letter from DOJ asking me to contact local immigration office to get change my stamp status. I have this letter with all other documents i went to local immigration office, but reply was quite surprise. They told that they don't have any kind of relevant instruction from DOJ and for this reason they can't do it now and it means i have to wait more. It is quite very disturbing approach from the immigration officer and now i don't know what to do with the letter from DOJ.
Don't worry i think they are going to sort it out shortly.Meanwhile would you like to try at Dublin GNIB. They are changing Stamp for people with letter from DOJ, that too for 3 years. I don't know they will accept you if you are not living in dublin. But worth trying by telling that your local immigration officer has no information about this policy change.

best of luck[/b]

mehroozeb
Newly Registered

zambrano

Post by mehroozeb » Sat May 14, 2011 3:25 pm

thanks ITGURU,
can you tell me what is the process and what documents will he need to send, also can you tell me if he has to send original documents or can he send attested copies of the required documents?

another question is, on stamp 4 visa does he have to live in the republic of Ireland continuously or can he for example remain in the state for short while and then go back and come whenever he wish to do so as long as the visa is valid

thanks

miller
Newly Registered

Post by miller » Sat May 14, 2011 10:17 pm

Hi,
Just wondering if someone could offer some advice on our situation. My partner and I are due a baby in September. I'm an Irish citizen and he is Tanzanian. I'm returning to Ireland to have the baby there. My partner will follow in August. We are not married. We are wondering what type of visa he should apply for to come before the birth ?
How soon after the baby is born can we apply for him to stay and work under the new Zambrano ruling ? We dont want him to have to go back to tanzania and reapply for another visa. Can he stay and apply from ireland ? He has been to Ireland previously on a tourist visa.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

chebas

Change in GNIB?

Post by chebas » Sun May 15, 2011 10:30 pm

Guys I was gong to go with my wife to GNIB to chenge her status (i'm ok with work) and the page where the documents where posted changed to the original http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PB11000004 does this mean poor content management on the portal or a change in the process?

tks!

desibuddy

Re: Change in GNIB?

Post by desibuddy » Mon May 16, 2011 8:21 am

chebas wrote:Guys I was gong to go with my wife to GNIB to chenge her status (i'm ok with work) and the page where the documents where posted changed to the original http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PB11000004 does this mean poor content management on the portal or a change in the process?

tks!
They might done this purposely to introduce a adavanced system in place for the whole processing of zambrano cases. Also it's not original version seems they carefully removed few words from it. like earlier it was ' will examine the all the cases in coming weeks. now they removed the word 'weeks' from it.

Hope they will bring a simple and straight process soon.

dodo123
Newly Registered

Post by dodo123 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:17 am

just wondering if anybody is in the same suitation like me,i applied since march 24 uptill now no reply not even an acknowlegment of the application.Is this normal or do i have to call or write back to them.

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Mon May 16, 2011 10:37 am

dodo123 wrote:just wondering if anybody is in the same suitation like me,i applied since march 24 uptill now no reply not even an acknowlegment of the application.Is this normal or do i have to call or write back to them.

Good news...INIS website is updated

You don't need a letter if you are on stamp 2 or stamp 3 currently.

http://www.inis.gov.ie/en/INIS/Pages/PB11000004

Best of luck

hollymarmar
Newly Registered

Post by hollymarmar » Mon May 16, 2011 10:42 am

dodo123 wrote:just wondering if anybody is in the same suitation like me,i applied since march 24 uptill now no reply not even an acknowlegment of the application.Is this normal or do i have to call or write back to them.
Yes I am from 23 of march ,but see I notice that stamp 3 they got reply straightaway but stamp 1 (work permit ) there no one got answer and I did rang today the immigration officer they not working this week all the superintended GNIB not working this week I think there new instruction or courses belong to Zambrano

hollymarmar
Newly Registered

Post by hollymarmar » Mon May 16, 2011 10:59 am

desibuddy wrote:

Best of luck
can I ask something they had written (Any person who has an existing right of residency in the State, for example on the basis of Stamp 2 (students) or Stamp 3 (spouse or dependant) conditions)
it FOR EXAMPLE it doesn't mean stamp 1 work permit not !!! if stamp 2 accepted what about 1

desibuddy

Post by desibuddy » Mon May 16, 2011 1:57 pm

hollymarmar wrote:
desibuddy wrote:

Best of luck
can I ask something they had written (Any person who has an existing right of residency in the State, for example on the basis of Stamp 2 (students) or Stamp 3 (spouse or dependant) conditions)
it FOR EXAMPLE it doesn't mean stamp 1 work permit not !!! if stamp 2 accepted what about 1

Stamp 1 also mean right of residency. they just gave stamp 2 and 3 as example as most of the people comes under that category

vicky_r
Newly Registered

Post by vicky_r » Mon May 16, 2011 3:26 pm

hollymarmar wrote:
Yes I am from 23 of march ,but see I notice that stamp 3 they got reply straightaway but stamp 1 (work permit ) there no one got answer and I did rang today the immigration officer they not working this week all the superintended GNIB not working this week I think there new instruction or courses belong to Zambrano
Hi,

Can you please tell me which immigration officer you rang - i mean which county? I was thinking to go Dublin GNIB office today/tomorrow.
My wife has stamp 1..

any info much appreciated

Thanks

hollymarmar
Newly Registered

Post by hollymarmar » Mon May 16, 2011 6:03 pm

vicky_r wrote:
hollymarmar wrote:
Hi,

Can you please tell me which immigration officer you rang - i mean which county? I was thinking to go Dublin GNIB office today/tomorrow.
My wife has stamp 1..

Thanks

HI,CO.kildare and CO.wicklow

let us know what s gonna happend cause I wont be able to go this week I will go next week

immigrantone
Newly Registered

How Long??

Post by immigrantone » Mon May 16, 2011 8:25 pm

Stamp4 would last for 3 or 1 year????

vicky_r
Newly Registered

Post by vicky_r » Mon May 16, 2011 10:35 pm

hollymarmar wrote:
vicky_r wrote:
hollymarmar wrote:
Hi,

My wife has stamp 1..

Thanks

HI,CO.kildare and CO.wicklow

let us know what s gonna happend cause I wont be able to go this week I will go next week
Hi,

I got my wife visa status changed from stamp 1 to stamp 4 today in Dublin GNIB office.

They are giving the stamp 4 visa for 3 years.

It should be now done the same in any county immigration office.

faraz2049
Newly Registered

new law

Post by faraz2049 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:04 pm

hi there just wanted to know(if some one has information about it)i am a stamp 2 currently,my baby born here in 2009,just having birth certificate no passport of any country yet.
can i apply for stamp 4 on behalf of my child?
thanks

IRISH PHAROE
Member of Standing

Post by IRISH PHAROE » Tue May 17, 2011 1:11 pm

just to let you know that my wife changed her stamp3 into stamp 4
the immigration officer (was a very nice lady(strange) in our local immigration office) asked for the children passports and birth certificates also my wife passport and her GNIB and 2 proofs of address.
also the officer asked for letters from the GP or the schools to show that my children are currently living in Ireland and my wife is minding them (she has a role in their lifes)
my wife got a period for 3 years from today
good luck to you all
peace on you