ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Citizenship-Do we need to supply Employment/School letters?

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

eva82me

Citizenship-Do we need to supply Employment/School letters?

Post by eva82me » Fri May 13, 2011 9:25 am

Hi everybody,

I have some questions regarding the Citizenship application. I will be grateful if anybody can help.

My husband is going to apply for the citizenship in June when he fulfils the requirements. His visa status in the passed 5 years show as below:
- 2006-2008 student visa;
- 2008-2010 work visa;
- 2010(June)-2011(June) Permanent residence.
No gaps between them.

(1) I want to know whether he needs to supply any employment letters or school letters in order to show the lawful residence in the U.K. in the last 5 years on top of showing the Passport.?

(2) We are going to use the Nationality Checking Service for the Citizenship application. I understand that they will make certified copies of his documents and he will get the Passport back. My question is whether he is allowed to travel abroad during the waiting time? Or he must stay in U.K. while waiting for the outcome?

Thanks a lot for your time.

who??
Newly Registered

Post by who?? » Fri May 13, 2011 4:49 pm

hie

we submitted our application back in march and we were informed by the NCS that we needed to provide :
School letter, Nursery School letter, College letter for myself as i was studying, Letter from employer or P60. I made a post on here around the time questioning this and it appears it just depends on what the NCS in your area asks for. I would go and make the appointment in person then they will give you the list of their requirements if they need any extra info.

they will photocopy everything (our appointment took nearly 2 hours!) regarding travelling we were informed that should UKBA need any extra info. from you they will give you 2 weeks to respond to their request.

gidoc

Post by gidoc » Fri May 13, 2011 10:04 pm

AN1 form does not ask for any documents except passport and LIUK certificate. If you are self emplyoed then tax returns are also asked for. NCS should not be asking for anything else.

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Sun May 15, 2011 10:34 pm

Hi,

Thank you very much for the reply. I will make an appointment asap.

I have 2 more questions:
(1) Did you take your passport back after they photocopied them? Do you know whether it's ok to travel abroad while waiting?

(2) Will the NCS post your application pack straight away or they will wait for a few days to post it?

Thanks a lot!

eva82me

Post by eva82me » Sun May 15, 2011 10:36 pm

Hi Gidoc,

Thanks a lot for the reply.

Do you know whether it's ok for us to travel abroad while waiting for the outcome?

Thank you!

rajkhan

query

Post by rajkhan » Tue May 31, 2011 7:44 pm

Hi,
Just out of curiousity how can ur husband get Permanent residency after two years of work visa,, isnt it after 5 years, cos student visa is not counted towards the 5 years..
Thanks,
Raj.

eva82me

Re: query

Post by eva82me » Tue May 31, 2011 10:21 pm

he has been staying here lawfully for 12 years so far. no gap