ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Indefinite leave to remain under tier-1

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

raj2146
Newly Registered

Indefinite leave to remain under tier-1

Post by raj2146 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:33 pm

I have completed my 5 years continuous stay in U.K on work permit (May, 2006), H.S.M.P (April, 2007) and extension to Tier 1 (April 2009) and now eligible for my indefinite leave to remain. I was eligible to claim 30 points for my Bachelor degree under rules in place at the time of application but my visa was stamped on18th April 2009. Having reviewed the new Policy & law document and SET (O) form, i have noted there are no points awarded to Bachelors degree if the visa is granted after 31st March 2009. However, in policy and law guidance states you can claim points for Bachelors degree if you have applied under rules existing at the time of application (before 31st March 2009). Therefore can you please clarify if i can claim points for my Bachelor degree? Please find the attached extracts.
Extract from policy and law guidance
* An applicant will be awarded no points for a Bachelor’s degree if:
(a) his last grant of entry clearance was as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place
between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, or
(b) (i) he has had leave to remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant under the rules in place
between 31 March 2009 and 5 April 2010, and
(ii) his previous entry clearance, leave to enter or leave to remain before that leave was
not as a Highly Skilled Migrant, as a Writer, Composer or Artist, as a Self-employed
Lawyer, or as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant.
Extract from SET (O)
you can only claim points for a Bachelor’s degree level qualification if you have previously been
granted leave to enter or remain as a Tier 1 (General) Migrant, Writer, Composer or Artist or a Self-
Employed Lawyer; and that leave was granted before 31 March 2009.

ukblokester
Newly Registered

Post by ukblokester » Mon May 16, 2011 7:51 am

hi, i have a similar situation and i shall be speaking to an immigration lawyer to know my status however i would be very keen on hearing if you got any further clarification on this.

tipu20

Post by tipu20 » Mon May 16, 2011 10:56 am

did you actually search the forum for the Answer ? this has been discussed many time and recent discussion is @ http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... ee+success

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Tipu