ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UKBA letter

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

archieandrews33
Newly Registered

UKBA letter

Post by archieandrews33 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:34 pm

Hi All,

I made an in-person application at the Birmingham PEO and finished my biometrics the same day (23rd March). After 6 weeks of waiting, I received a letter from the UKBA this morning with the following text:

"You are requested to attend Solihull PEO on 10th May for a standard verification interview of your identity against your biometrics".

I was not aware of any such step in the application process and am wondering what to expect. Can someone please advise what this means?

Has the letter been sent to me in error for a biometric scan, when I have already completed the same?

thanks,

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 06, 2011 4:00 pm

Does the letter have any of your personal details or any references that match your application (e.g. - date of birth, nationality, application reference number etc.)? If it does, it is unlikely that you gave been sent the letter by error - but for a reason (best known to UKBA).

I can only guess that they doubt your identity - you are not the person you claim to be. But this discrepancy could be because of an internal error or for no fault of yours (identity theft) but you'll know only when you attend the interview. If you are not at fault then there is nothing to fear / worry about.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

archieandrews33
Newly Registered

Post by archieandrews33 » Fri May 06, 2011 4:07 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Does the letter have any of your personal details or any references that match your application (e.g. - date of birth, nationality, application reference number etc.)?

If it does, it is unlikely that you gave been sent the letter by error - but for a reason (best known to UKBA).
Hi, it does not contain any personal details except for my full name. The subject line reads - "Tier 1 visa application", followed by the text I had posted earlier.

Can you advise what questions I might expect? Is there any chance that they might return my passport the same day?

I am getting worried because of the delay and now this new letter!

ravikrish1980
Newly Registered

Post by ravikrish1980 » Mon May 16, 2011 1:16 pm

Hi,

DId you attneded the interview? Whatz the outcome.