ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 General Spouse travelling without husband for first t

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ghaffar Masood
Newly Registered

Tier 1 General Spouse travelling without husband for first t

Post by Ghaffar Masood » Mon May 16, 2011 9:01 am

Hi

I got Tier 1 visa for myself and my dependants(Wife + 3kids) as a result of Judicial review last May (May 2010) from outside UK. I havent travelled to UK for the last 4 years. I intend to travel to UK this summer but since I am out of my home country therefore my wife intends to trvael to UK before me. I will join her after a couple of weeks.
My question is that can she go to UK without me for the first time. I havent availed this tier1 visa as yet. Would she be asked questions about my whereabouts etc or is there any legal hitch or is it required that I accompnay her for the first time or that I am already in UK when she is travelling?

Many Thanks
gmasood.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Mon May 16, 2011 2:43 pm

First entry of dependent should be accompanied with primary or preceded by primary.

Ghaffar Masood
Newly Registered

Post by Ghaffar Masood » Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 pm

But in my case since I am an old HSMP who was refused extension and left UK In 2007 and then got this tier 1 visa as a result of judicial review in principal this would not be the first entry on dependents as they were with me before once i was refused extension of my HSMP visa we all left.
But since i got a tier 1 visa and not Further Leave to Remain as a result of my judicial review therefore i guess It would be better if i accompany them on this new visa.
Your thougths please..

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 17, 2011 4:21 pm

Yes.