ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apostille stamp on Birth Certificate

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Monifé

Apostille stamp on Birth Certificate

Post by Monifé » Mon May 16, 2011 1:30 pm

Does anyone know how/where my nigerian partner can get his birth certificate stamped with an Apostille stamp?

What is the procedure and fees?

Any replies much appreciated.
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Mon May 16, 2011 2:50 pm

all you need is a certified copy of his birth certificate.
I had to do mine last week, paid Eur5 in Cork to get it certified by a notary public. Find you a notary public

Monifé

Post by Monifé » Mon May 16, 2011 3:30 pm

knapps wrote:all you need is a certified copy of his birth certificate.
I had to do mine last week, paid Eur5 in Cork to get it certified by a notary public. Find you a notary public
Thanks. But we actually need his birth certificate to be stamped with an apostille stamp. It is not for an immigration application.

Do you know where we can get it stamped with an apostille stamp?
beloved is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out - Pierre Berton

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Mon May 16, 2011 3:55 pm

Monifé wrote:
knapps wrote:all you need is a certified copy of his birth certificate.
Thanks. But we actually need his birth certificate to be stamped with an apostille stamp. It is not for an immigration application.

Do you know where we can get it stamped with an apostille stamp?
Department of Foreign Affairs on Stephens Green in Dublin. You're looking for a Hague Apostille to be affixed to the document. I think it's about €20 pre document.

agniukas

Post by agniukas » Mon May 16, 2011 7:12 pm

I think that the Department of Foreign Affairs on Stephens Green in Dublin can provide an apostile only for the irish documents like irish birth cert, irish marriage cert, etc. it can not provide apostile for foreign documents. only a nigerian embassy or nigerian 'department of foreign affairs' (if they have one of these), could provide an apostile to nigerian documents. but give them a call to confirm

koded

Post by koded » Mon May 16, 2011 7:24 pm

Since the birth certificate was issued by Nigeria authority in Nigeria, then he can authenticate the document in Nigeria embassy in Dublin; I think it is 25 euro as I see in their website. Or he can get a declaration of age from Nigeria embassy in Dublin at the same price.
I don’t think he can do it elsewhere.

Muttsnuts

Post by Muttsnuts » Mon May 16, 2011 7:42 pm

agniukas wrote:I think that the Department of Foreign Affairs on Stephens Green in Dublin can provide an apostile only for the irish documents like irish birth cert, irish marriage cert, etc. it can not provide apostile for foreign documents. only a nigerian embassy or nigerian 'department of foreign affairs' (if they have one of these), could provide an apostile to nigerian documents. but give them a call to confirm
My bad. You're dead right, i didn't read the original post fully. If it's a Nigerian Birth Certificate the Irish Embassy will not put a Hague Apostille on it. Also Nigeria are not a party to the Hague convention so they will not be able to put a Hague Apostille on it for you. THey could certify it as genuine but I don't know if whoever is looking for the document would accept that.

Probably best to check with the body who are requesting the document as to what they would accept in the circumstances.