ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success (5 years work permit)- 16/05/11 Liverpool Office

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Ting-a-ling
Newly Registered

ILR success (5 years work permit)- 16/05/11 Liverpool Office

Post by Ting-a-ling » Mon May 16, 2011 7:45 pm

Dear all,

Firstly I would like to thank this forum for all the helpful information, it was a nerve-racking experience, reading the posts and getting to know what I should expect made the process a little bit easier.

I applied IRL (5 years work permit) with my husband as my dependent in Liverpool PEO today. Booked the appointment for 9am, got there at 8:30, went through security check, and we were directed to the receiption area.

Some of our documents were checked at the receiption, including passports, life in UK exam results, police registration certificate and the application form. We were then asked to go to the 1st floor to make payment.

We went to the 1st floor, made the payment, then waited about 10 minutes for our number to be called.

We went to the window, the officer asked us to give all document I would like to provide for our case.
I gave her:
- 12 months payslip;
- 4 years P60 forms;
- employer's letter;
- 12 months bank statement;
- Police registration;
- Life in UK test certificates;

I asked if she would like to see our cohabitation evidence, she said no - it probably because both me and hubby have been here more than 10 years.

We were then asked to wait at the waiting area - about 45 minutes... the longest 45 minutes I've had in a long time!

At around 10am, we were called to the window again and were told that both of us have been granted ILR. It took another 40 minutes for the visa to be insert into our passports, and we left the PEO at 10:40 as two happy bunnies :)

Btw, my husband did have a speeding ticket (SP30) in his driving license, I called UKBA when filling the form and they suggested to disclose everything, so I put it in my form. Didn't get any question on that. In fact, we were not asked any questions!

My experience with Liverpool PEO is that staff are friendly, and it is not too busy.

Best luck with everyone who is going to apply soon.

smaganti

Post by smaganti » Mon May 16, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi,

congratulations...

Have yo been with same employer from last 5 yrs..?

newc

Re: ILR success (5 years work permit)- 16/05/11 Liverpool Of

Post by newc » Mon May 16, 2011 8:59 pm

Ting-a-ling wrote:Dear all,

We went to the window, the officer asked us to give all document I would like to provide for our case.
I gave her:
- 12 months payslip;
- 4 years P60 forms;
- employer's letter;
- 12 months bank statement;
- Police registration;
- Life in UK test certificates;

Hi,

congratulations!! were you asked to register with police when came moved to uk on work wermit?

Ting-a-ling
Newly Registered

Post by Ting-a-ling » Mon May 16, 2011 9:26 pm

yes I've been with the same employer for the past 5 years,

and yes I was asked to registrate with the police when I got my work permit visa.

syedomarkhalil
Newly Registered

Post by syedomarkhalil » Mon May 16, 2011 10:21 pm

Hi

Whats this police registration certificate ? Is it required for everybody ? i have never seen any such requirement. please explain

riojamel

police registration

Post by riojamel » Mon May 16, 2011 10:22 pm

hi dear
congrats for ilr
did they ask for police registration certificate
is it compulsory to put police registration certificate for ilr?????
will be waiting for ur reply
thanks

Gopaalan

Post by Gopaalan » Mon May 16, 2011 10:45 pm

Congrats Ting.

can you post the details of employer letter confirming salary as per COP?
possibly post thr format of the letter?

akash08

Post by akash08 » Tue May 17, 2011 12:24 am

syedomarkhalil wrote:Hi

Whats this police registration certificate ? Is it required for everybody ? i have never seen any such requirement. please explain
required only for certain countries - do not worry !

cankbs11
Newly Registered

Post by cankbs11 » Tue May 17, 2011 8:26 pm

congrats for ILR.
re. police registration, it is not mandatory for everyone if not asked to do so. the list of countries required to register with police is in homeoffice website. i am pretty sure countries such as india, bangladesh and pakistan are not in this list...