ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Marriage in the UK and switching from visitor visa

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Marriage in the UK and switching from visitor visa

Post by scorpio_besal » Tue May 17, 2011 6:55 pm

First of all... Hello to everybody.. Its been some time that i have asked questions... :-)

Before even i put across my question, i want to thank you all .... !!

Query 1 and Only :- I (Tier 1 G ) am planning to get married (love marriage) in the UK with my girlfriend who would come to visit (on visitor visa for 6 months) me this July from India, would like to know if i can do that and later while she is in the UK, can she apply for tier1 dependent visa.

:-)
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: Tier 1 Dependent Question

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 18, 2011 12:24 am

scorpio_besal wrote:First of all... Hello to everybody.. Its been some time that i have asked questions... :-)

Before even i put across my question, i want to thank you all .... !!

Query 1 and Only :- I (Tier 1 G ) am planning to get married (love marriage) in the UK with my girlfriend who would come to visit (on visitor visa for 6 months) me this July from India, would like to know if i can do that and later while she is in the UK, can she apply for tier1 dependent visa.

:-)
Visitor Visa doesn't allow to switch into any kind of Visa.

She could later apply to be in the UK if she enters on Marriage Visitor Visa I believe. :)

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed May 18, 2011 12:29 am

Thanks for your reply bro, i appreciate it
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 18, 2011 12:31 am

Your welcome!

Kitty

Post by Kitty » Wed May 18, 2011 8:38 am

terriblescream wrote: Visitor Visa doesn't allow to switch into any kind of Visa.

She could later apply to be in the UK if she enters on Marriage Visitor Visa I believe. :)
She can't switch from a Marriage Visit visa either.

scorpio_besal, if you and your fiancée marry in India, then she can apply to come to the UK as your dependant.

If you wish to marry in the UK, then she will have to go back to India after the wedding to apply for entry clearance as your dependant.

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed May 18, 2011 9:00 am

Kitty, Thanks for advice, i would do as you suggested. :-)
Regards,
A Mutant Member

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 18, 2011 6:19 pm

So now you have more clear idea :)

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Wed May 18, 2011 6:21 pm

Clear as Crystal :-) Thanks again
Regards,
A Mutant Member