ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Message from visa centre - result?

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

whybi
Newly Registered

Message from visa centre - result?

Post by whybi » Fri May 13, 2011 8:55 am

Hi all

We've recently applied for Tier 1 general dependent visa (out of country) for my wife last Wednesday, and today I've received a following automated email from the Manilla visa centre.

"Your visa will be despatched shortly. Passports can normally be collected from the Visa Application Centre after 3 days. "

Can anyone please confirm if this means our application has been succesful? It'd be much appreciated if you can explain for me!

Thanks!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 13, 2011 12:51 pm

It means exactly what is says .... nothing more! You'll know whether a visa has been granted when you receive / collect the documents.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Fri May 13, 2011 1:01 pm

Thanks for that. I thought so, it was my impatience! I just hoped it clearer as I thought, how can they dispatch visa, unless they approved and given visa upon our application! I guess I just need to wait and see!

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Tue May 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Just letting anyone, who is interested, know that my wife just received her Depedent visa! So, the email message was actually saying that the visa application has been approved! Thanks guys!

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 pm

whybi wrote:Just letting anyone, who is interested, know that my wife just received her Depedent visa! So, the email message was actually saying that the visa application has been approved! Thanks guys!
Not necessarily. They could send the same template regardless of outcome? Just because a cow has four legs and a table has four legs doesn't mean a cow is a table.

whybi
Newly Registered

Post by whybi » Tue May 17, 2011 7:53 pm

mulderpf wrote:Not necessarily. They could send the same template regardless of outcome? Just because a cow has four legs and a table has four legs doesn't mean a cow is a table.
I agree. You can't be 100% sure unless you receive your visa in your hands. Having said that, I've searched internet and all the people who received such message have got their application approved. Also, if you read it again, how can they despatch the visa unless the visa is approved? Someone was saying it can't be clearer than that.... According to your logic, if they're gonna send a cow, instead of a table, they'd say they're sending cow, not the table. :lol:

Well, really it is the anxiety sometimes that make you read it differently.
Anyway, I'm a happy man now.