ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

a few questions...please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

bossanovaboy

a few questions...please help

Post by bossanovaboy » Tue May 17, 2011 8:34 pm

Hi everyone,

got a host of questions,

the story is i just recently married my cuban girlfriend in cuba, she has been to the uk twice already for 6 months each time on a family visa her sister applied for, first time was jul 2009 -dec 2009 and the july 2010 to jan 2011.

she is 20 and i am a british national and 26 years of age. she will be 21 in feb 2011.

what do i do now ?apply for a family visit visa but under my name ? or start to apply to bring her over permanently ??

thanks for any advice :(

terriblescream
Pakistan

Re: a few questions...please help

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 18, 2011 12:16 am

bossanovaboy wrote:Hi everyone,

got a host of questions,

the story is i just recently married my cuban girlfriend in cuba, she has been to the uk twice already for 6 months each time on a family visa her sister applied for, first time was jul 2009 -dec 2009 and the july 2010 to jan 2011.

she is 20 and i am a british national and 26 years of age. she will be 21 in feb 2011.

what do i do now ?apply for a family visit visa but under my name ? or start to apply to bring her over permanently ??

1. You are unrelated as of yet so no family visitor visa, it could be a general visit visa but if she says on her form she is here to visit her boyfriend, could lead to suspicion of of over-staying etc by ECO

2. Permanently as wot, spouse, fiance or unmarried parnter, different rules apply to each!

21 years of age rule apply as well so be more clear!

mochyn
Diamond Member

Re: a few questions...please help

Post by mochyn » Wed May 18, 2011 4:22 am

bossanovaboy wrote:Hi everyone,

got a host of questions,

You say ''she will be 21 in Feb 2011''.
It is now MAY 2011

bossanovaboy

Post by bossanovaboy » Wed May 18, 2011 11:18 am

Sorry I meant to say she is 21 in Feb 2012!

We are married by Cuban law and we plan to marry here, so which visa would I apply for ?

I could ask her sister to apply via family visa if all else fails.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 18, 2011 3:36 pm

terriblescream wrote:1. You are unrelated as of yet
:?
bossanovaboy wrote:the story is i just recently married my cuban girlfriend in cuba,
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Wed May 18, 2011 3:40 pm

bossanovaboy wrote:We are married by Cuban law and we plan to marry here, so which visa would I apply for ?
If you are already married then you cannot marry again! If your marriage is legally recognized in Cuba, it is legally recognized in UK too.
She needs to apply for entry clearance as spouse. She should apply near to the time she will turn 21.
SET3.5 What is the age requirement? wrote:In cases where the applicant is within a couple of months of their 21st birthday, and the other party is 21 or over, the ECO has discretion to issue entry clearance but valid only from when the person under 21 has reached their 21st birthday.
If she now applies for visitor visa without compelling evidence of strong ties to home country / country of residence, the application may be refused as it may seen as an attempt to enter UK as a visitor with an intention to settle (spouse settled and living in the UK).
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

terriblescream
Pakistan

Post by terriblescream » Wed May 18, 2011 6:23 pm

sushdmehta wrote:
terriblescream wrote:1. You are unrelated as of yet
:?
bossanovaboy wrote:the story is i just recently married my cuban girlfriend in cuba,
My bad, dint read that, girlfriend, marriage again so dats y confused!