ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

switch tier1 (highly skill) to tier2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Preprem
Newly Registered

switch tier1 (highly skill) to tier2

Post by Preprem » Wed May 18, 2011 12:27 am

Hi,

I am currently holding a tier1 visa which will expire next year. I am unable to extend my visa under tier1 due to my low wages.

I talked to my employer and they are willing to sponsor me under Tier2. My employer has to conduct the resident labour market test and fingers crossed that no suitably settled worker fill my role (degree level). Will this be acceptable that I, who is currently working for this role, get this job again under Tier2?

Guidance no. 188.

If you want to sponsor a migrant under Tier 2 (General) or Tier 2 (Intra company Transfer) (ICT) who is already working in the UK either under Tier 2 (General), Tier 2 (Intra-company Transfer) (ICT) or a Work Permit, where that leave was granted under the rules in place before 6 April 2011, the job must be at or above S/NVQ level 3. There will only be 2 circumstances in which this applies. Either;

the migrant was working for you under one of those categories on or before 5 April 2011 • and they need to extend their leave to continue in that employment; or

you have conducted a resident labour market test (where appropriate) and the successful candidate is a migrant who has been working for another employer/sponsor in the UK, with leave granted under one of those categories on or before 5 April 2011 [b]and they are leaving that job to come and work for you.[/b]

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Wed May 18, 2011 8:53 am

It would completely depend on what you do and how rare your skills are.