ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Documents needed to apply wife on dependent

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

eastdown
Newly Registered

Documents needed to apply wife on dependent

Post by eastdown » Tue May 17, 2011 12:50 pm

hi everyone
i recently got married and would like to bring my wife here to join me.but am unsure about all the documents i need to apply.i am on ilr at the moment living with relative's rented house.he rented that house and i rented from him so how could i show accomodation contract.could someone explain all the documents and processes please.thanks

pennylessinindia

Re: Documents needed to apply wife on dependent

Post by pennylessinindia » Tue May 17, 2011 1:12 pm

eastdown wrote:hi everyone
i recently got married and would like to bring my wife here to join me.but am unsure about all the documents i need to apply.i am on ilr at the moment living with relative's rented house.he rented that house and i rented from him so how could i show accomodation contract.could someone explain all the documents and processes please.thanks
you could do a little search on the family section and then post some questions. YOu would need to show that the true landlord allows your relative to sub let the property
pennyless

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Tue May 17, 2011 2:12 pm

Settlement visa as spouse of a settled person / British citizen.
Supporting documents
Settlement (SET)
Maintenance and accommodation
3rd Party Support & Accommodation
Search the forum for information already available.
eastdown wrote:at the moment living with relative's rented house.he rented that house and i rented from him so how could i show accomodation contract.
Confusing! Who is the landlord - your relative?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

eastdown
Newly Registered

Post by eastdown » Wed May 18, 2011 6:58 am

my relative rented property from estate agent so landlord is someone else.i can add my name on the contract with estate agent as well but not sure which is best thing to do.could you please suggest best action and best documents i can provide regarding accommodation.i will follow your suggestion.thanks

harv
United Kingdom

Post by harv » Wed May 18, 2011 10:05 am

I think you require permission from both the the estate agent (i.e. your contract allows your partner to live with you in the same property) plus your real landlord also has no objections with your partner living with you. You should submit a signed letter from both your estate agent and the landlord plus your tenant agreement + any other docs such as property reports i.e. measurements, pictures etc from either a surveyor or some body.
Feb 2012 - Spouse Visa - New Delhi
Mar 2012 - Documents collected - VISA Granted
March 2014 - ILR Granted
Apr 2015 - Applied for Naturalisation
Nov 2015 - Naturalised