ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

help needed

About immigration to Canada, canadian immigration programms.
Skilled worker points calculator | about skilled worker immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

absg
Newly Registered

help needed

Post by absg » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:55 am

Hi
I'm from India. I want to know that :

1. what are the documents I need to show in order to gave proof of settlement funds beside bank statements.

2. At what time of the application process I have to show proof of funds ?

3. Do I have to hold my deposits in the bank a/c for the entire application processing period ?

Please help me on this....

Regards

jes2jes

Post by jes2jes » Tue Jul 18, 2006 5:20 pm

I would suggest you visit www.cic.gc.ca for all your answers relating to showing proof of funds. I will try and answer your questions to my best 'knowledge':

Note that, if you apply after September 06, you do not need to present any documents until you are asked to do so based on the new application procedure. Before this time, you would have to file under the old process.

1. Shares/property evaluation on your house etc, gold or mineral deposits if you have any. Any assets that can be sold to recover the amount required should be fine but you need an official record of this and not just a letter. That is why a three month bank statement is the best option.

2. As per above info, if you apply before Sept 06 then you need to include the proof of funds with your application, if after this date then you do not need it. Note that, proof of funds can be asked again after your IA if you apply before Sept 06

3. You do not need to hold the deposit at the bank for all that period but when you are asked to send it then you need to provide this at the time of the request. I believe your IA would not come up until after 48-60 months for India applicants so you need not to worry unless you are applying from a different country of which you are a legal resident presently (residency should be at least one year at the time of submission of application).

Bye.
Praise The Lord!!!!