ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Can tier 1 dependent invite her parents?

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qmenon

Post by qmenon » Wed May 11, 2011 10:30 am

Hi,
I am on Tier 1 and my wife is on Tier 1 Dependent. Is it ok if my wife can invite (& sponsor) her parents to visit UK?
She is working full time and has got all supporting docs to sponsore their visit?
Please let me know if Tier 1 Dependents can invite parents & sponsor their visit?

Thanks
J

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed May 11, 2011 11:12 am

She can.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

qmenon

Post by qmenon » Wed May 11, 2011 12:56 pm

Thanks Vinny.. I could not find it anywhere in the link you posted. The link just says what the visitors need to do.. but it does not say anywhere that a dependent can invite?
Are you sure.. sorry for askin again?

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu May 12, 2011 11:32 pm

I haven't seen anything that says dependants cannot invite visitors.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

qmenon

Thanks Vinny

Post by qmenon » Wed May 18, 2011 9:18 am

You are right.. it does not say anywhere, so it should be fine. Well I am going to apply and will let you know guys.

sunilkp
Newly Registered

qmenon

Post by sunilkp » Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:50 pm

qmenon Could you give an update on how it went, was the visa approved.
I am also looking to apply visit visa for my monther, current i am on tier 1 dependent and work full time.

thanks

qmenon

Yes...tier 1 dependent can invite family

Post by qmenon » Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:12 pm

Hi all,
just to let you all know my wife's parents have been successfully granted visa for 6 months. So which does answer my question.. "Yes Tier 1 dependents can invite their family members." Thanks Vinny for your help

@sunilkp..it should not be a problem,, my wife's parents got their visa today, it took 2 weeks and they got it for 6 months..All the best to you!

sunilkp
Newly Registered

Re: Yes...tier 1 dependent can invite family

Post by sunilkp » Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:45 pm

qmenon wrote:Hi all,
just to let you all know my wife's parents have been successfully granted visa for 6 months. So which does answer my question.. "Yes Tier 1 dependents can invite their family members." Thanks Vinny for your help

@sunilkp..it should not be a problem,, my wife's parents got their visa today, it took 2 weeks and they got it for 6 months..All the best to you!
Thanks for the update,
how much approx bank bal did are required.
obviously i cannot show my bank bal, they need to see wife bank bal i guess.
mind pm-ing me your email .
cheers.

obc 14

info needed on Dependent Sponsoring Visitor visa...

Post by obc 14 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 11:38 pm

Hi All,

I am on Tier 1 General Visa and would like to invite my parents.
But my wife is going to sponsor for them.Since my wife is dependent do i need to send any of my documents(like passport/visa copy/any bank statements) for supporting??

Do we need to mention any details about main applicant in the covering/Invitation letter?

It would be great if any one can clarify this as this is very urgent.

Thanks in advance.