ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Whats gonna happen with me (Pakistan) after divorce with EU?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

zuzihassi
Newly Registered

Whats gonna happen with me (Pakistan) after divorce with EU?

Post by zuzihassi » Tue May 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Hello i have a problem. Im living in Ireland 8 years already. Came here as a student and then get married with EU woman (not Irish).We are married 3 years but she mooved home and she wants to divorce with me. I m working and earning money and have Stamp 4 EU FAM. She will probably aply for divorce from her country soon. What can i do after divorce? Id like to stay in Ireland, also have a new EU girlfriend. I heard somewhere that after 3 years marriage with EU i can apply to retain my residency in my own right but i would need to be working or have enough money not to be a burden on the state if im married 3 years. So anybody helps? Thanx a lot
_________________ :roll:

dodo123
Newly Registered

Re: Whats gonna happen with me (Pakistan) after divorce with

Post by dodo123 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:07 pm

you need to talk to a solicitor.goodluck

oceanstar
Newly Registered

Post by oceanstar » Wed May 18, 2011 6:26 pm

can she divorce you with out your consignment??

walrusgumble
BANNED

Post by walrusgumble » Thu May 19, 2011 12:05 pm

oceanstar wrote:can she divorce you with out your consignment??
Its the 21st Century. The marriage is clearly not going to reconcile, one would not, in most countries need consignment.

The Op should be ok, provided solid evidence is provided that there was a genuine relationship for those 3 years.

zuzihassi
Newly Registered

there is some prob. i guess

Post by zuzihassi » Sat May 21, 2011 8:40 am

well, i have many things to proove that it was a serious relationship. We were together for 5 years. I have a lot of pictures and everybody from my friends knew her. But the prob is that this last day she is not living with me, we are separated. I really dont know what to do. Will talk to lawyer, will see what he gonna tell me.

zuzihassi
Newly Registered

Post by zuzihassi » Sat May 21, 2011 8:42 am

I mean 5 years together and almost 3 years married, its gonna be in september 3 years. Will see. Hope its gonna be ok. Its difficult to me even without these things..

fatty patty

Post by fatty patty » Sat May 21, 2011 12:23 pm

You can apply for EU fam on your own right after 3 years, but divorce is a condition and your wife/yourself working/studying you be able to apply. Getting divorce in ireland is a very lengthy process so be preapred for that.

zuzihassi
Newly Registered

Post by zuzihassi » Sat May 21, 2011 6:34 pm

I know, but we are not going to divorce in Ireland. She is from different country and will appy there. Its possible. So will see how its everything gonna be.