ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

BC-Financial help ??

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

adel2009
Newly Registered

BC-Financial help ??

Post by adel2009 » Wed May 18, 2011 12:49 pm

Hi All,

I am asking you this question on behalf of a friend who is on Job seeker allowance and would like to apply for citizenship. He wonders if there is anyway he can get financial help during this process from any organisation as he can't afford the £836.00 they are asking.

Thank you

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 18, 2011 12:52 pm

any reason why he can't just wait until he is working and has enough money to pay for the application himself?

adel2009
Newly Registered

Post by adel2009 » Wed May 18, 2011 1:17 pm

Hi Greenie,

That was exactly my advice to him but he is victim of hearsay that he can get a kind of help which I have never heard of.

That's the reason why I am asking here to get a definite answer but i think the true reason is he is afraid the laws might change and he might lose out if he doesn't do it now.

Thank you anyway for your time.

Greenie
Respected Guru
United Kingdom

Post by Greenie » Wed May 18, 2011 1:25 pm

it is not unheard of for some charitable organisations to donate money towards immigration applications, however the only ones I know are local as opposed to national organisations. They rarely donate the whole fee and given how stretched voluntary organisations are at the moment it may be hard to get anything at all. I also think most organisations are a lot less likely to fund a citizenship application as opposed to an application for leave to remain.

mochyn
Diamond Member

Post by mochyn » Thu May 19, 2011 6:21 am

Presumably if he is considering Citizenship then he should have ILR and in that case the rules that may or not change in the future would not affect him