ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

JMi
Newly Registered

Spouse ILR

Post by JMi » Wed May 18, 2011 1:01 pm

My wife originally came here on a Fiancée visa in April 2008. We then got married and got a Marriage visa which expires in November 2011. Can we apply for ILR now since she has been here since Feb 2008 initially on the Fiancée visa or do we have to wait to get within 28 days of the 10th November when the marriage visa runs out?

Does anyone know the answer to this one?

Thanks

James

ghummy

Post by ghummy » Wed May 18, 2011 2:10 pm

when was your spouse visa issued? not your fiance visa.

as it is 2 years since then.

so for example if your spouse visa was granted in august 2008, as i belive from working out when it expires, as they grant 27 months now.

you would be eligible to apply for ilr in august 2011.

im sure someone will correct me if i am wrong, however i dont think the fiance visa counts towards ILR, its from the date than the spouse visa was issued.