ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Nigerian Married to British but resident of Spain

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

fuzzlepop
Newly Registered

Nigerian Married to British but resident of Spain

Post by fuzzlepop » Wed May 18, 2011 4:48 pm

Hi,

Posting this on behalf of my mother in-law who is pretty stuck on what to do. She is british and has a british passport, they are both currently in Spain and awaiting on coming to the UK not knowing if they can. They have no money at all!
Basically she has got married in Spain to a nigerian. He has a residencia to live in Spain and now they both want to move to the UK. What will he need to do? none of them currently work.
Will they be able to just book a flight and then sort it out on arrival? or will he be refused entry?

Some advice please.

Laura721

Post by Laura721 » Wed May 18, 2011 5:41 pm

If she was working in Spain she would be able to apply for an EEA family permit for her husband under the Surinder Singh ruling, usually a much easier process than applying for a UK visa as it is based on EU law.

Can she not find a job? I guess by your words they are not self sufficient. How are they surviving in Spain? We are finding life in Spain extremely difficult and that is even with me having a full time job...