ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EC from India Questions....

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

vijaykdwivedi
Newly Registered

EC from India Questions....

Post by vijaykdwivedi » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:35 pm

Dear All,
I got my HSMP approved in second attempt....Following is the time line...
Out of country Application over 28,
Sent on 19th May
Received on 24th May
CC Charged on 26th May
Decision made on 16th June
Docs received back 23 June.

Now I have following questions regarding my EC

1. I am Indian and applying from India. How much money I should show in my account?

2. The state of my salary account is such that every 1st of month Salary used to get credited and then just debits and by 25th of every month balance is again in hundereds.

3. If I transfer money from my other account and take statement with the reflection of INR 350K as credit will that reflect negatively on EC officer? OR they just bothered about the available balance in account?

4. Can I show my credit card with INR 350K as credit limit as the available money? So by coupling both points 3 and 4, INR 700K will be available for me. Whether this much is enough to prove that I am able to take care of myself in UK?

5. I had been told that if I am claiming that I am going to stay with my friends in UK I will have to show following docs.
(a) A letter from friend stating that he is willing to share accomodation with me.
(b) Copies of his passport
(c) Copy of his rental agreement in UK.
Though, my friend is ready to share the accomodation with me but he is not willing to provide above mentioned documents. In such a situation what should I do??

6. I wish to show my parents as a co-sponsor. But their saving are only INR 250K. Is it wise to show that in case I need money in UK my parents will be able to sponsor me. OR it will impact my application negatively.

7. One more point. I am married and have a kid. But they will be joining me later once I am settled properly.

I request the senior members of the group or any Indian member who has done EC recently please advise. I am desperately looking for these inputs for completing my EC application.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay

vijaykdwivedi
Newly Registered

Post by vijaykdwivedi » Fri Jul 07, 2006 6:14 pm

Dear All,
I am desperately awaiting this information as I have to submit my EC application. Moderators/Senior Members please answer my queries.
Thanks and Regards
Vijay

ashishashah
India

Post by ashishashah » Tue Jul 11, 2006 5:54 am

Vijay,

You need to show Bank balance to prove that you can support you and your dependents

I searched on the Forum and could make it out

When r u planing to go for EC?

Even i am going for my EC on 17th July or so

Ashish

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:39 pm

1. I am Indian and applying from India. How much money I should show in my account?

You should ideally show anything between 5-6 lacs. It can be a little less also.

2. The state of my salary account is such that every 1st of month Salary used to get credited and then just debits and by 25th of every month balance is again in hundereds.

Well that's the case with everybody...so don't worry your bank account should just show the money flowing in and flowing out...

3. If I transfer money from my other account and take statement with the reflection of INR 350K as credit will that reflect negatively on EC officer? OR they just bothered about the available balance in account?

No that will not be a major problem....what I would suggest you is to show Fixed Deposits if there is also any property i.e house in your name...it could be a joint as well....they do not always ask for liquid cash...any investment with you will work..

4. Can I show my credit card with INR 350K as credit limit as the available money? So by coupling both points 3 and 4, INR 700K will be available for me. Whether this much is enough to prove that I am able to take care of myself in UK?

As I told you this much of money is well enough but I would again insist to show any kind of investment and I don't think the credit card thing will work for you....

5. I had been told that if I am claiming that I am going to stay with my friends in UK I will have to show following docs.
(a) A letter from friend stating that he is willing to share accomodation with me.
(b) Copies of his passport
(c) Copy of his rental agreement in UK.
Though, my friend is ready to share the accomodation with me but he is not willing to provide above mentioned documents. In such a situation what should I do??

I don't know from which sources have you come to know this but there are no such requirements...when I applied for my EC, I just told that I will be staying with my Dad's friend and nothing else and yes I have to just provide the address and nothing else...I would say that you just provide your friend's address and nothing else...I have recently applied for the EC (Nov'05) and is unaware of any such requirement...

6. I wish to show my parents as a co-sponsor. But their saving are only INR 250K. Is it wise to show that in case I need money in UK my parents will be able to sponsor me. OR it will impact my application negatively.

You could show your parents savings...I have also done that...infact I asked them to add my name as joint owner of the FD or any investment...the investment should not be necessarily on your name but can be joint with any of your family member...

7. One more point. I am married and have a kid. But they will be joining me later once I am settled properly.

Well I don't know your question here but I guess that is fine...you can obtain the visa for them and they can join u later...i don't know if you have claimed points for your wife, if that is so then i guess it would be good is hse joins u soon and look for a job...

I request the senior members of the group or any Indian member who has done EC recently please advise. I am desperately looking for these inputs for completing my EC application.

I hope these answers work for you...let me know if you have any other queries...and for filling up the form u don't need to bother...i don't know about other places but in the British High Commission in Delhi have the facility to fill up the form for u...they have a very nominal charge for this

vijaykdwivedi
Newly Registered

Post by vijaykdwivedi » Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:25 pm

Hi Ashish/Ashekt,
Thanks a lot for replying my queries.
I will be applying in Bangalore may be this month end as I am awaiting for my tax to be filed for this month.
Ashekt, though I owns a house but I have home loan too. Will that impact negatively?
Thanks and Regards
Vijay

Ashekt

Post by Ashekt » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:12 pm

No that will not impact in anyway, but i would suggest not to show the property on loan in the 'Funds'...it's more of a libility and not asset. I had the similar situation and I did the same thing.