ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Current timelines for Tier 4 processing

Only for UK Student Visas, formerly known as Tier 4 (General) student visa

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

askdash
Newly Registered

Current timelines for Tier 4 processing

Post by askdash » Thu May 05, 2011 5:49 am

There is an apparent delay currently in processing visa application due to the recent holidays. My enquiry with VFS revealed that processing times are about 1-4 weeks at the moment. So, I have started a thread for those still awaiting their decision anxiously like me. Hopefully, others will also contribute to this thread.

Please post the following information:

Date applied:
VFS centre:
Current status:

My information is as follows:
Date applied: 11/04/2011
Centre: VFS Kolkata
Current Status: Waiting

I must say that my application is pretty straightforward. I have already been to UK twice before and lived there for almost 2 years. I have a place for PhD studies at a good university with full financial sponsorship from the university itself. Despite all this, it is taking them incredibly long to grant the visa!

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Thu May 05, 2011 8:51 pm

Well..We're going through the same issue. I am already in UK on a Tier 4 visa for a post graduate degree and my husband applied for a dependant visa first on Feb 15th. He received a refusal on March 5th stating that he had not provided photographic evidence of the marriage ceremony and hence they were not convinced of his intention to live with me in the UK. So he re-applied on March 31st with photos of me and him and also with evidences of communication between us etc. This time the visa processing has taken much longer than anticipated. We're still waiting for the decision. The current status is "Visa application under process at the British High Commission". Its been 5 weeks now. I've heard that there have been delays due to a huge number of applications received as well as due to numerous holidays in between. My husband also has a past travel history. He was here on a business visa while working for Merrill Lynch and had spent 6 months in London.
Vfs center: Mumbai(North)

askdash
Newly Registered

Post by askdash » Fri May 06, 2011 9:07 am

I was told by the VFS helpline that not just me but everyone who made an application in April is currently facing delays. It is attributed to the recent holidays. So, I presume your application is delayed for the same reason.

The Tier 4 system was overhauled recently. Although I applied under the old system, I anticipate that the processing Tier 4 (and dependent) applications is going to be sluggish for another few weeks. I hope we get back our passports soon because that is the most important document that I possess (or rather used to until submitting it).

By the way, I was in UK as a student dependent before as well. The last time we applied together from VFS Singapore, it was processed within 2 working days. My brother got his Tier 4 visa in 2 working days from VFS Kolkata as well.

This is the longest I have waited for all of my 10 to 15 visa applications to different countries. Most were processed within a week.

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Fri May 06, 2011 11:44 am

hey thanks for the info. Well I agree with you. The UK visa process is the slowest and most vague I've seen so far. They hold on to your important originals endlessly for weeks and you have no clue as to what's going on and when you'll get a response from them.The complete lack of transparency in the process bothers me. They should at least publish on their website that delays are to be expected due to so and so issues and approximately how much delay can we expect so people will at least have some clue. All this uncertainty can cost people. We need to find a new place to rent but I'm not sure when my husband will be here so can't go ahead with that either.Its frustrating.The holidays started only after 21st April and my husband's application was submitted 3 weeks before that.So its strange that it is being affected so badly by all the holidays.Do let me know in case you hear something.

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Fri May 06, 2011 1:41 pm

No news today either. I don't understand how 3 extra holidays in the month of April can push the processing times by weeks?

askdash
Newly Registered

Post by askdash » Sat May 07, 2011 7:48 pm

I have not heard either .. hopefully this week ..

jodielondon
Newly Registered

Post by jodielondon » Sun May 08, 2011 8:25 pm

I haven't applied yet for my Tier-4 visa, as I understand I can only do that 3 months before the start of my course, but I feel for you, as what is happening to you could happen to me in a month.

I wish you both the best of luck and I will be coming back here to see how things are going.

I am keeping my fingers crossed!

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Sun May 08, 2011 10:36 pm

Yes, better apply 3 months in advance. You can't count on their visa processing timelines. So be safe and apply as early as you possibly can. That way you'll be covered and it'll save you a lot of anxiety.Good luck.

askdash
Newly Registered

Post by askdash » Tue May 10, 2011 6:44 am

I came across this article on the current UK visa situation in India.

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/days- ... a/787362/1

I am afraid it does not look very good at the moment. Simple tourist
applications are taking more than a month to process!

askdash
Newly Registered

Post by askdash » Tue May 10, 2011 5:34 pm

Thank you for your inputs people.

I received a message today that my visa has been processed and will be available for collection soon at the visa application centre.

Good luck to everyone waiting for their visas. Hopefully you hear back soon as well.

My application took 18 working days to process.

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Tue May 10, 2011 5:37 pm

wow..please let us know the result of your application. We're still waiting to hear an update...

Ekta_GD

status changed

Post by Ekta_GD » Wed May 11, 2011 4:43 pm

status changed today to "Processed visa application delivered via blue dart on 11/05/2011"

kunzang
Newly Registered

visa delay

Post by kunzang » Thu May 12, 2011 3:07 am

hi , i've applied for a visa from vfs delhi on the 20th of april, and the current status is still: visa under process at the british high commision , my school starts in june so i want the visa fast , can i contact anyone for help....... vfs has no info..!! please help

askdash
Newly Registered

Post by askdash » Thu May 12, 2011 4:49 pm

@Ekta_GD .. yes i got the visa .. collected my passport today ..

Ekta_GD

Post by Ekta_GD » Thu May 12, 2011 7:56 pm

great..my husband got his visa too.

misterraj
Newly Registered

Visitor Visa - Business

Post by misterraj » Mon May 16, 2011 7:32 am

I applied for a Visitor visa on May 6 From VFS Delhi. when i see my status
i still get
your application has been forwarded to British high commission.
does this mean my application is not even opened for processing?

how long does it take? does any one else face delays?

loving to hear from you guys

Venkat.

raja2usama
Newly Registered

Post by raja2usama » Wed May 18, 2011 7:19 pm

same problem is facing in Pakistan as I applied on April 15 from Islamabad same day I got msg that application forward to embassy. after couple of weeks status changed to application is under process at BHC
last sunday I get a call from BHC Abu Dhabi but I am unable to receive call at that time, later on when I tried to contect but I think they don't want to hear sweet voice may be they have diabetes. any how, yesterday, my status changed and now it is Processed Application returned to AC.

Do they contect with any one eles via phone and what will happen with my passport as I am worried for bad impression because of not receving call. but they didn't call me again untill now.

:( :( :(

tuyavan
Newly Registered

Visa Delay

Post by tuyavan » Wed May 25, 2011 11:54 am

Hi,

I have applied for UK student visa at VFS mumbai on 14-April-2011, I have still not receive any reply from UKBA about it

My college has already started from 16th May 2011, its been more than a month now applied for visa, I am still awaiting for decision.

I tried calling VFS they say that I have to wait and the advised me to write in this email address which will take 20 working days to reply,
I even tried calling BHC (02266502181) visa enquiry helpline but not able to reach.

Please advise I am worried about the delay in decision as my last date for joining the college is 31-May-2011

I dont know how long I have to wait as I am nearing the last date of joining

Anu-I
Newly Registered

Post by Anu-I » Thu Jun 30, 2011 6:16 am

Hi tuyavan,

Did you get you visa? I also applied on 04/04/11 from Sri Lanka. But still I have not received my visa. Pls reply.

Rgds,
Anu.

jellybeans_xx
Newly Registered

Post by jellybeans_xx » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:08 am

I applied on July 8 from Bangalore. The tracker still says ''under process''. I emailed and they said they are carrying out ''further checks'' and are waiting for the ''results of their enquiries''. I wonder what enquiries take that long, its a Tier 4 visa.