ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Employer reference letter - With a Twist !

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nikhil

Employer reference letter - With a Twist !

Post by nikhil » Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:03 pm

Hey people !

yeah the same ol' story! I am in the UK on a work permit and if my current employer was to even dream about my filing in for HSMP he would shoot me down. I dont need any refernce from him to get 65 points. I have managed to obtain all the necessary reference and my score comes to 90 w/o anything to do with my current employer.

I need the reference letter to proce my employment in the UK though. Now I have my salary slips, work visa etc which I think are not enough. I can get a To Whomsoever it may concern letter from my employer BUT he says he would write it out as addressed to a specific bank/company. So it would look like

XXXXX Bank
UK

TO WHOMSOEVER IT MAY CONCERN

My questions are

1. Would it be okay if I submit this letter along with my work visa, salary slips etc to Home Office?

2. Does Home Office call up current employer and say "Hi there! this is UK Home Office. One of your guys is applying for HSMP. Did you issue him with a reference letter? Is he a good boy!?"

3. If my current employer were to refuse my employment in the event home office calls them up, do I have myself roasted on a BBQ eventually and being deported back??

WoodieG
BANNED

Post by WoodieG » Thu Jul 06, 2006 7:09 pm

The Home Office don't care who the letter is addressed to.
________
Lamborghini miura
Last edited by WoodieG on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:38 pm

You sure about that mate???

nikhil

Post by nikhil » Tue Jul 18, 2006 4:17 pm

so I take it there is no way out then?? come on guys I need some help here...please!!