ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

FLR-M questions

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

hbadami
Newly Registered

FLR-M questions

Post by hbadami » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:31 am

Dear all

I need to apply for my wife's FLR-M visa in the next few weeks. Early this year I got my ILR (from Tier 1 General), my wife is still on Tier 1 dependent visa (which was applied for and issued in Pakistan). Now as she hasn't completed her 2 years stay with me in the UK (and Tier one dependent is expiring), I need to apply for her FLR-M visa.

I have a few questions in my mind and will be highly obliged if someone can answer them.

1. If you are applying from UK, which form should be you be filling, online or paper based? The online form doesn't show me what specific documents I need to provide with the application. Unfortunately the guidance notes also don't provide sufficient information. Whereas the paper based form lists most of the requirements.

2. As my wife joined me like 18 months ago on a Tier one dependent visa from my understanding the category should be "Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and biometric immigration document" (section 4). Am I correct?

3. For the question "Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (but not a s fiancée or proposed civil partner) with your partner" (section 4.1) , the answer for this should be Yes. Am I correct?

4. Am I correct in assuming that based on the knowledge I have provided above, this is the first extension of stay as a spouse (section 11B)?

5. We got married in Pakistan and hence our marriage certificate or Nikah Nama was produced there (although it’s in English). Does that fulfill the need of "civil marriage certificate" or "civil partnership certificate" (section 11B)?

5. I understand that we need to provide evidence of English Language.

6. Do I need to provide the 6 items of correspondence addressed to us at the same address?

Thanks, I understand it’s a long post, but will really help me. Really appreciate your answers.

Hass.

hbadami
Newly Registered

Re: FLR-M questions

Post by hbadami » Tue May 03, 2011 10:56 am

Any thoughts on these questions, please? Thanks
hbadami wrote:Dear all

I need to apply for my wife's FLR-M visa in the next few weeks. Early this year I got my ILR (from Tier 1 General), my wife is still on Tier 1 dependent visa (which was applied for and issued in Pakistan). Now as she hasn't completed her 2 years stay with me in the UK (and Tier one dependent is expiring), I need to apply for her FLR-M visa.

I have a few questions in my mind and will be highly obliged if someone can answer them.

1. If you are applying from UK, which form should be you be filling, online or paper based? The online form doesn't show me what specific documents I need to provide with the application. Unfortunately the guidance notes also don't provide sufficient information. Whereas the paper based form lists most of the requirements.

2. As my wife joined me like 18 months ago on a Tier one dependent visa from my understanding the category should be "Spouse of a person present and settled in the UK and biometric immigration document" (section 4). Am I correct?

3. For the question "Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (but not a s fiancée or proposed civil partner) with your partner" (section 4.1) , the answer for this should be Yes. Am I correct?

4. Am I correct in assuming that based on the knowledge I have provided above, this is the first extension of stay as a spouse (section 11B)?

5. We got married in Pakistan and hence our marriage certificate or Nikah Nama was produced there (although it’s in English). Does that fulfill the need of "civil marriage certificate" or "civil partnership certificate" (section 11B)?

5. I understand that we need to provide evidence of English Language.

6. Do I need to provide the 6 items of correspondence addressed to us at the same address?

Thanks, I understand it’s a long post, but will really help me. Really appreciate your answers.

Hass.

Zain1975
Newly Registered

Post by Zain1975 » Wed May 18, 2011 11:39 pm

I think I agree with you on most points except 3 where the answer should be no

Answer would be 4d - other - explain in covering letter

("Is this the first time you have applied for a visa or extension of stay in one of the above categories (but not a s fiancée or proposed civil partner) with your partner" (section 4.1) )

Happy to exchange personal messages