ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR success - Croydon PEO

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

cocktail
Newly Registered

Granted ILR yesterday as well (18th May 2011)

Post by cocktail » Thu May 19, 2011 11:03 am

As I have closely followed this website and forum over the past month, feel obliged to return the favour to all prospective applicants...thus sharing my experience.

Background:
Entry May 2006 to UK on WP
2007 - WP extended to 2008 (May)
2008 - WP extended to 2009 (May)
2008 - WP switched to Tier 1 (September) - for 3 years
2011 - application for ILR in May on completion of 5 years.

Appointment time: 10:30 AM, reached there by 10:05. I should have been there by 10:00 ideally, but was let down by FCConnect :(

Crossed security check - no metal objects on you + all your stuff scanned, liquids and eatables allowed.

Forward to initial check -
Here they confirm whether you are applying on the right form
Have passed your LITUK test - if interested will be informed of your score
Ensure you have not overstayed - this is an assumption based on the calculations the lady was making on a paper and from my passport
Once satisfied, she issued me with a "Token" number to proceed to payment on the 1st floor.

At the payment counter, you are asked to tear/ detach your payment page from the application form & make the payment - smooth. Once you have paid, you are asked to be seated on the red chairs in the hall in front of the counters...there are screens showing the token status & constant call outs.

Was called to window 24 at exact 10:30 - which I felt was awesome, especially considering the number of people present there as applicants.

The case worker was very professional - no unecessary small talk, but courteous. Documents asked for,
Application form
Passport - both new & old (if applicable) - He spent close to 20 minutes going through the dates. Believe he was looking up dates of entry and exit to calculate time spent out of UK - I had a separate sheet showing this, but was not asked for it, guess he was more comfortable with confirming himself.
Letter from employer - before asking for this letter, he asked me whether I had been with the same employer - my answer was Yes, on secondment intially and then as a permanent employee. Handed over the letter, which confirms "Continuity of Service" and Salary details
12 month payslips - This was his next requirement, handed them over and he proceeded to make entries of all payments made to me
Bank statements - As in the guidance note, these should correspond with your payslips confirming payment from employer to your account showing specified Net Salary as a credit entry.

He was satisfied with the above documents, all the while making entries of amounts on his computer. As he was about to proceed to make Xerox copies of all of the above - I asked, "do you mind if I provide you with the copies I have?" He was hesitant - guess because he preferred to make copies of things he had verified, but finally agreed as I mentioned I spent a considerable bit of time copying them and it would be a waste of paper. :P
Flipside - he once again crosschecked all copies with the originals - another 10 - 15 mins.
He then had some difficulty getting my photograph scanned in to the system -thanks to technology in the 21st century.

Finally at 11:20, he clubbed all originals and copies in to a folder and informed me that the application was okay and I would be granted ILR. He said the vignette would be applied in about an hour or so.

Documents that I had with me, but was not asked for...nor did I offer to provide!
All 3 WP documents
Single Tier 1 letter from UKBA
Self assesment statement from 2006 to 2008 (my company did not issue me P60s for this period) - this was requested and granted from HMRC
P45 during transition from secondment to Permanent
P60 for 2009/10 & 2010/11
My advise would be to have these available with you, just in case.

Note: The letter from the employer seems to be very crucial, I apologies that I did not verify with my case worker why he had asked for it & then payslips as well.

I then proceeded to leave the building in to "Whitgift" shopping centre across the road. Had lunch and returned at 13:30, Make sure you have the "Token" that was issued initially to get back in to the building.

Proceed to counter 22 - this is where passports that have been processed are collected from. Mine was available for collection, verified that all was fine - Date, DOB and off course ILR entry.

Left the building at 14:00. A satisfactory and joyful experience, for which I thank immediate family, inputs from this site as well as my faith in the almighty.

All the very best, to one and all.

genious

Re: Granted ILR yesterday as well (18th May 2011)

Post by genious » Thu May 19, 2011 11:40 am

cocktail wrote: Letter from employer - before asking for this letter, he asked me whether I had been with the same employer - my answer was Yes, on secondment intially and then as a permanent employee. Handed over the letter, which confirms "Continuity of Service" and Salary details
thanks for sharing your experiance, i am sure it will be helpful for all of us.
can you post the contents of letter from your employer.

have a nice new life
cheers,

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Thu May 19, 2011 11:49 am

Hello cocktail

Thanks a lot for detailed experience. appreciate the efforts.

Few questions:
• Have you had any dependents in your application? any questions asked about that if you do?
• I also have questions about photos. have you just supplied the normal passport photos that you get in the UK. these photos are not inline with the photo guidance published which the guidance note refers to. mainly the size (HxW). please let me know.
• Do you get the letter stating the ILR has been granted along with Vignette in passport or only Vignette in the passport for ILR?

psdesai
BANNED

Post by psdesai » Thu May 19, 2011 12:32 pm

Note: The letter from the employer seems to be very crucial, I apologies that I did not verify with my case worker why he had asked for it & then payslips as well.
i am a bit suprise to hear the experience on this thread (and few others as well) about the Employer letter. What about if you are a contractor and being paid daily wedges? (i.e. non permanenet job). Does this mean anyone who does not have permanent job not eligilble for ILR!!!!!?
"Freedom is your very nature. Only with freedom, do joy, generosity and other human values blossom. Without freedom, attitudes become stifling, concepts become a burden, information has no value and imagination becomes stagnant."

kunald

Post by kunald » Thu May 19, 2011 2:13 pm

psdesai wrote:..i am a bit suprise to hear the experience on this thread (and few others as well) about the Employer letter. What about if you are a contractor and being paid daily wedges? (i.e. non permanenet job). Does this mean anyone who does not have permanent job not eligilble for ILR!!!!!?
If you mean you are self employed (through your own limited company) then there is no need for employer letter but you would need to produce a letter from Accountant. See these success stories...

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=475300
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?p=359521

But if you work on contract (by contract I mean not a permanent or staff job) then the employer should give you a letter of employment.

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu May 19, 2011 2:16 pm

i am a bit suprise to hear the experience on this thread (and few others as well) about the Employer letter. What about if you are a contractor and being paid daily wedges? (i.e. non permanenet job). Does this mean anyone who does not have permanent job not eligilble for ILR!!!!!?

In case of self employment, I was asked to show a letter from accountant.

Refer to the exhaustive list of documents / information provided by my accountant
http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=77993

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Thu May 19, 2011 2:55 pm

MyHSMPApplication wrote:

Refer to the exhaustive list of documents / information provided by my accountant
so what documents are required for the people (myself) who work under the Umbrella services, my payslip shows the tax deducted + i also have the invoice reconciliation wherein gross sal is shown?

thanks,

MyHSMPApplication

Post by MyHSMPApplication » Thu May 19, 2011 3:27 pm

so what documents are required for the people (myself) who work under the Umbrella services, my payslip shows the tax deducted + i also have the invoice reconciliation wherein gross sal is shown?
Vic,

A letter from your umbrella company should do the trick I suppose.

KR

[/img]

vik_mad

Post by vik_mad » Thu May 19, 2011 4:58 pm

MyHSMPApplication wrote:
Vic,

A letter from your umbrella company should do the trick I suppose.

KR

[/img]
Thanks, but do you know what should that letter says? Is there any template?

I will ask my umbrella service provider for the same.

thanks,

cocktail
Newly Registered

Post by cocktail » Fri May 20, 2011 9:03 am

genious wrote:
cocktail wrote: Letter from employer - before asking for this letter, he asked me whether I had been with the same employer - my answer was Yes, on secondment intially and then as a permanent employee. Handed over the letter, which confirms "Continuity of Service" and Salary details
thanks for sharing your experiance, i am sure it will be helpful for all of us.
can you post the contents of letter from your employer.

have a nice new life
cheers,
Do give me this weekend, I shall upload a scanned image and share it with you. Details in it were,
1. Fact I am still employed by the company
2. Start date + confirmation that employment is continous & ongoing
3. Breakup of annual compensation (Gross)

cocktail
Newly Registered

Post by cocktail » Fri May 20, 2011 9:11 am

manyaonisland wrote:Hello cocktail

Thanks a lot for detailed experience. appreciate the efforts.

Few questions:
• Have you had any dependents in your application? any questions asked about that if you do?
• I also have questions about photos. have you just supplied the normal passport photos that you get in the UK. these photos are not inline with the photo guidance published which the guidance note refers to. mainly the size (HxW). please let me know.
• Do you get the letter stating the ILR has been granted along with Vignette in passport or only Vignette in the passport for ILR?
Hi Manyaonisland,
Dependants - not in my original application, I plan on making a separate FLR(M) before September.
Photographs - I supplied the normal ones which can be taken at booths in the railway stations/ Post Office. There is one at the PEO as well (on the first floor in front of the payment counters)
Letter/ Vignette - Yes, you are issued with a letter + leaflet mentioning your rights as an ILR holder. The vignette is the main thing.

manyaonisland
Member of Standing

Post by manyaonisland » Fri May 20, 2011 2:18 pm

cocktail wrote:
Hi Manyaonisland,
Dependants - not in my original application, I plan on making a separate FLR(M) before September.
Photographs - I supplied the normal ones which can be taken at booths in the railway stations/ Post Office. There is one at the PEO as well (on the first floor in front of the payment counters)
Letter/ Vignette - Yes, you are issued with a letter + leaflet mentioning your rights as an ILR holder. The vignette is the main thing.
Thanks for info cocktail.

sun_ksh

Post by sun_ksh » Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:47 pm

MyHSMPApplication wrote:

Can you please share the letter template?