ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of residence

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

tiredmum

Proof of residence

Post by tiredmum » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:08 pm

I am a spouse of an irish national. I received a letter from DOJ requesting 3 proofs of residence showing both our names on bills/banks statements.
The problem is that we don't have much money in our joint bank account.I sent them the requested documents. Should I have sent them a bank statement which is in my name only as well? Would it make any difference to their decision?

nanette
Member of Standing

Re: Proof of residence

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:21 am

tiredmum

if you have other 3 proofs that should be suffient. They gave you an example: bills, bank statements etc... this does not necessarilly mean sending your bank statements.

Do this:
if you have: EBS (electrity), BordGais (Gaz) and NTL on both your names then you should be ok.

If you have at least 3000 euros in your accounts (CURRENT ACCOUNT) then this should be good too. Never send a SAVING account that does not have money. In a current account, money come and go and so it is normal to have less money in there..

Also in your letter, always state what type of account is this.
Example:
I have attached a recent copy of our current account for my wife and I.

nanette

tiredmum wrote:I am a spouse of an irish national. I received a letter from DOJ requesting 3 proofs of residence showing both our names on bills/banks statements.
The problem is that we don't have much money in our joint bank account.I sent them the requested documents. Should I have sent them a bank statement which is in my name only as well? Would it make any difference to their decision?

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:27 am

tiredmum wrote:I am a spouse of an irish national. I received a letter from DOJ requesting 3 proofs of residence showing both our names on bills/banks statements.
Looks like you've already sent the docs before seeking advice? Not always a good thing to send statements that are not...ehm...healthy, but just to give you hope I did send in a current account statement that was overdrawn :shock: and it didnt seem to count against me as I got my approval a few months later. But if in the future more documents are requested, please follow nanettes advice above. Good luck!
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

kiwiwife
Newly Registered

Post by kiwiwife » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I think a current account statement is a great idea as it will show spending in the country, to help show you are still living in the country.

I'm thinking I should change every bill into our joint names based on this (thanks!). I've already supplied three bills/bank statements in both names, but the more the merrier I guess.

I must admit at the end of every month my husband and I have the same issue with our current account :)

nanette
Member of Standing

Post by nanette » Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:50 pm

Ooohhhh Kiwiwife, you are not alone...:)-

kiwiwife wrote:I think a current account statement is a great idea as it will show spending in the country, to help show you are still living in the country.

I'm thinking I should change every bill into our joint names based on this (thanks!). I've already supplied three bills/bank statements in both names, but the more the merrier I guess.

I must admit at the end of every month my husband and I have the same issue with our current account :)

tiredmum

Proof of residence

Post by tiredmum » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:42 pm

Thank you to all who replied and advised me on the subject of proof of residence. I should have asked for advise, but did not want to bother anyone with my silly questions. We moved into a different place in December and we only just got some of the bills transferred to our names. Therefore, the only ones older than 3 months included the joint (no funds) account. I am just hoping that my application will not be refused due to lack of funds on our joint account. We will just have to wait with baited breath to see what DOJ decides. I got the request for docs in first week of April. I sent it off last Monday. Hope they don't take too long to let me know. Once again, thanks for the replies.

AShawna

Post by AShawna » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:50 pm

tiredmum wrote:I should have asked for advise, but did not want to bother anyone with my silly questions.
We are all here to help each other, no question is considered silly...although some come very very close! :roll: Not yours of course. :wink:
...though it tarries, it shall surely come...

Directive/2004/38/EC
Respected Guru
Location: does not matter if you are with your EEA family member

Post by Directive/2004/38/EC » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:21 pm

tiredmum,

What exactly did you apply for that INS is asking for more material?

tiredmum

Proof of residence

Post by tiredmum » Sat Apr 30, 2011 2:03 pm

I applied for citizenship based on marriage to an irish national. All they asked for was proof of residence. I have not been asked for anything else thusfar.

djollof
Newly Registered

Post by djollof » Sat May 14, 2011 9:41 am

tiredmum wrote:I applied for citizenship based on marriage to an irish national. All they asked for was proof of residence. I have not been asked for anything else thusfar.

tiredmum-

We are in the same boat. I am married to an Irish citizen and applied end Dec 2009. 0n 1/04/2011, I received a letter requesting 3 proofs of residence for the last 3 months which I sent on the 04/04/2011. Few days later I received an acknowledgement letter that they receive my correspondence. One of my friend in the same situation told me that he receives his approval 4 or 5 months after sending the 3 proofs of residence. Let’s cross fingers and hope we will receive an approval very soon. Keep it positive!

tiredmum

proof of residence

Post by tiredmum » Sun May 15, 2011 6:43 pm

I have not heard from INIS since I got last response acknowledging that they received the docs. That was on the 12th of April. DJollof, we are definitely in the same boat.. Hope both of us hear some good news sooner than 4 or more months..there is apparently a fee increase coming..so keep on saving..lol

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Wed May 18, 2011 8:45 pm

I got my yellow form today!! I can't believe it was sent so quickly. 5 weeks after they received further docs...i found a court in Tipperary who will let me sign oath on the 27th of May!! Don't know if I must laugh or cry. Still have to wait for the cert..now that's gonna be a long wait from what i read on the forums.. :roll:

tiredmum

proof of residence

Post by tiredmum » Wed May 18, 2011 9:40 pm

I am still giddy with delight, but also worried about the next step after signing the oath. My GNIB card and passport expired in April and I have not been able to get a new card. I applied for my passport 3 months before my card was to expire, yet I have not received it as yet. The application usually takes 6 to 8 weeks, but now they are saying it takes 3 to 6 monhts. Its been 4 months already. What do I do now? I have to send INIS my card but its expired..advise would be greatly appreciated.

9jeirean

Re: proof of residence

Post by 9jeirean » Wed May 18, 2011 9:57 pm

tiredmum wrote:I am still giddy with delight, but also worried about the next step after signing the oath. My GNIB card and passport expired in April and I have not been able to get a new card. I applied for my passport 3 months before my card was to expire, yet I have not received it as yet. The application usually takes 6 to 8 weeks, but now they are saying it takes 3 to 6 monhts. Its been 4 months already. What do I do now? I have to send INIS my card but its expired..advise would be greatly appreciated.

Ah go on tired mum celebrate, you deserve it :lol:

I'll say send the GNIB card with a covering note explaining the above, if you got acknowledgement slip/letter or appointment letter from your embassy when you applied for the passport renewal, you can attach it with the covering letter. You should be fine.

9jeirean
What lies behind us and ahead of us is nothing compared to what lies within us

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Wed May 18, 2011 10:04 pm

I am in knots!!! I am already running way ahead of myself..sorry..nerves!!! I have acknowledgement slip from embassy...will attach it when I send the fees and oath letter..thanks for the advise... :lol:

djollof
Newly Registered

Congratulationss

Post by djollof » Thu May 19, 2011 12:38 pm

tiredmum wrote:I got my yellow form today!! I can't believe it was sent so quickly. 5 weeks after they received further docs...i found a court in Tipperary who will let me sign oath on the 27th of May!! Don't know if I must laugh or cry. Still have to wait for the cert..now that's gonna be a long wait from what i read on the forums.. :roll:
:D :D

Congratulations tiredmum, I am so please for you and hope this is the begining of many goods things. you can now book a fly on lastminute.com.

Hope that I will get mine very soon.

tiredmum

Post by tiredmum » Thu May 19, 2011 1:36 pm

The waiting is almost over for you djollof!!! Wait for the postman..better yet..phone INIS..I did, and i was told a letter was sent out to me and that I am to follow instructions..i still did not 'click' what the lady was saying..lol..brain died for a while...let us know when u get the post!! good luck

djollof
Newly Registered

Post by djollof » Fri May 20, 2011 1:29 pm

tiredmum wrote:The waiting is almost over for you djollof!!! Wait for the postman..better yet..phone INIS..I did, and i was told a letter was sent out to me and that I am to follow instructions..i still did not 'click' what the lady was saying..lol..brain died for a while...let us know when u get the post!! good luck
For the first time yesterday I tried to call INIS from 10:00 to 12:00, however I gave up as I was put on hold for 30 minutes. I decided to send a letter hopping not to receive a copy and past answer.

filish11

Post by filish11 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:49 pm

I am planning to apply for my citizenship soon. I was just wondering, did they asked you again for 3 proof of residency even though in the requirements you have too submit 3 proofs in the first place?

When you send them the original, do they send it back to you?

biggerjosh

Post by biggerjosh » Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:50 pm

[quote I am a spouse of an irish national. I received a letter from DOJ requesting 3 proofs of residence showing both our names on bills/banks statements.
hi just wanted to know if my spouse can apply on the basis that i got my cert last may she has not completed her 5 years but she has been here with me for around 4. your replies would be highly appreciated.Thanks