ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Work Permit to ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

waynesworld3
Newly Registered

Work Permit to ILR

Post by waynesworld3 » Thu May 19, 2011 4:46 pm

Greetings,

Please help with some advice,

I am preparing for my switch from 5 years of Work Permit to ILR.
In my 5 years I have worked for two companies.
I have all the official Home Office documents from my first Work Permit.
I do not have the documents from my second and last Work Permit as my companies H.R has lost them.

1. Are theis documents required by the Home Office?

2. One of the requirments is to prove that I have spent 5 years on a Work Permit in the U.K. What is a Home office acceptable way of doing that ?.

3. What is the min requirment for payslips and bank statements to supply with the application (how far back)?

Kind Regards,
Wayne.

littlerice

Post by littlerice » Thu May 19, 2011 7:20 pm

Not quite get your entire employment history, but assuming your second employment is also on WP then:
1, yes, the original WP document is necessary to prove that you were actually on WP for your second employment, since your HR has lost it, try to find out if your company has used a law firm to apply for that WP, they may still have a copy some where, or contact UKBA, provide them with the number on your visa stamp, they may be able to link that to the WP, afterall the visa was issued based on the WP so it should all be linked.
2, both WP document and both visa stamp, and obviously all the custom stamps on your passport(s) proving from when to when you were in country.
3, 3 month for both I think, see http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/sitec ... o04091.pdf section 10 note 5 on page 33.

The above response is only my opinion, I have tried my best to make sure they are correct at the time, please check with UKBA website for detailed regulation, any guru if found any error please point out ASAP for everyone's benefit.

waynesworld3
Newly Registered

Post by waynesworld3 » Thu May 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Thank you for your advise.

Kind Regards,
Wayne.

xyz123

Post by xyz123 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:26 am

littlerice wrote:Not quite get your entire employment history, but assuming your second employment is also on WP then:
1, yes, the original WP document is necessary to prove that you were actually on WP for your second employment, since your HR has lost it,
That is not entirely true. I was on WP + Tier 1 when i applied for ILR. They didnt ask for original WP documents. It is good to have it but at Croydon PEO they check the details of WP visa against something on their system.

OP- Get P60 for past 5 years or ask HMRC for full employment and tax histrory as additional evidance of your employment with said companies.

waynesworld3
Newly Registered

Post by waynesworld3 » Fri May 20, 2011 5:46 pm

Thanks for your valuable information.

Wayne.