ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Waiting 8 weeks for Partner Visa decision is this normal?

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aonghusa
Newly Registered

Waiting 8 weeks for Partner Visa decision is this normal?

Post by aonghusa » Fri May 20, 2011 9:35 am

Hi Guys,
My albanian partner and I applied for a long term visa through Brophy solicitors. The application was sent off on 1st april but the solicitor cann't get the DOJ to give us a decision or even a date we may get one!! Is this normal?

knapps
Member of Standing

Post by knapps » Fri May 20, 2011 10:15 am

Welcome to Ireland:-))

Long term , do you mean after 5 years of legal residence or 3 years being Irish National?

aonghusa
Newly Registered

Post by aonghusa » Fri May 20, 2011 2:59 pm

[quote="knapps"]Welcome to Ireland:-))

Long term , do you mean after 5 years of legal residence or 3 years being Irish National?[/quote]

I mean I have been his partner for 5 years. I am an Irish national. I met him in London. I moved home in 2007. He returned home to albania in 2009 to regularise his situation. It is a complicated situation but with the help of solicitors, a complete explanation has been sent in and we have been waiting for decsion. I cann't understand why DOJ won't say when they might reach a decision as it is already overdue, just wanted some common courtesy from them.

Irisheddy

Post by Irisheddy » Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 pm

I think you have to expect them to be slow unfortunately. What the DOJ will do is investigate to ensure that everything you submit is true. Then they will do a balancing act, compare the good with the bad and make a decision