ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 1 extension query

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

stalwar

Tier 1 extension query

Post by stalwar » Thu May 19, 2011 3:57 am

Hi,
I was awarded a Tier 1 visa in January 2011. However, because of some family issues, I won't be able to go to the UK till early next year or maybe Feb of next year.

I am wondering in such a case, if & when (assuming I get a job in Uk after feb) I apply for the extension, can I show my Indian salary (converted to GBP) + the UK salary to claim points under for Previous earnings.

Please advise

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu May 19, 2011 7:34 am

Yes you can, but you cannot apply the uplift ratio and there will also be the chance where you cannot claim UK experience points if you do not make up the earnings. If the aim is extension, it is quite risky as you don't know how long you will go without a salary (and therefore points).

stalwar

Post by stalwar » Thu May 19, 2011 11:58 am

@mulderpf : thanks for the response.
When you say, I wont be able to apply the uplift ration, do you mean that my salary in INR would be converted as is in GBP?

Can you point me to a website link talking in detail about extensions? I would really appreciate it.

mulderpf
Diamond Member

Post by mulderpf » Thu May 19, 2011 12:08 pm

Look at the sticky notes in here for the links.

You can convert your salary from INR to GBP (using the exchange rate), but you cannot then multiply it with 5.3 to uplift your salary even more.

When you first applied, you changed the INR to GBP and then applied the uplift factor too. This time you cannot do the latter.

Bijuk

Post by Bijuk » Thu May 19, 2011 2:45 pm

mulderpf wrote:Look at the sticky notes in here for the links.

You can convert your salary from INR to GBP (using the exchange rate), but you cannot then multiply it with 5.3 to uplift your salary even more.

When you first applied, you changed the INR to GBP and then applied the uplift factor too. This time you cannot do the latter.
Mulderpf - I think he can use the uplift ration of the indian salary if he was physically present in india and earned it..but if he is claiming indian salary on a period he is in UK then only he can convert the indian salary..is that correct ?

scorpio_besal
Member of Standing
India

Post by scorpio_besal » Fri May 20, 2011 8:45 pm

Bijuk wrote:
mulderpf wrote:Look at the sticky notes in here for the links.

Mulderpf - I think he can use the uplift ration of the indian salary if he was physically present in india and earned it..but if he is claiming indian salary on a period he is in UK then only he can convert the indian salary..is that correct ?
MULDERPF is right, when it comes to extention of TIER1 visa, uplift ratio on ANY OVERSEAS salary would NOT be counted. :-) sorry but thats the reality. If you need to clarify this then i would urge you to go through the TIER 1 (G) instructional manual available at ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/workingintheuk/tier1/general/applying/
Regards,
A Mutant Member

SPECIAL NOTE:- Thanks for creating such a nice forum where all of us can help each other... BIG THANKS TO THE ADMIN,SENIORS for being there to help others.

tier1help-london
Newly Registered

Post by tier1help-london » Fri May 20, 2011 9:54 pm

Not sure...but I doubt you will get extension for showing Overseas salary as previous earnings.
One of the main reason for T1G is tht highly skilled people come to UK and work here and pay NI & Tax..(also high fees to UKBA ;-) )
If most of your earnings for extensions will be from India then you dont fulfill these basic requirements. This is not mentioned in guidance anywhere for salaried applicants but for self employed applicants, tax & NI contributions are checked to see if they were paying them properly.
My advise is to sort out ur family problems asap and come here, find a job and make ur life better. Show your earnings from UK only. Why give caseworker a chance to doubt ur intentions?

mvent00
Diamond Member

Post by mvent00 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:37 pm

tier1help-london wrote:Not sure...but I doubt you will get extension for showing Overseas salary as previous earnings.

Yes, earnings outside UK will also be considered. Please see page 24 article 126 of Tier 1 guidance notes, which states that: "If an applicant has claimed points in the section for previous earnings, and these were for earnings made both in the United Kingdom and outside the United Kingdom, at least £25,000 of the earnings must be United Kingdom earnings to receive the points for UK". But of course, without uplift ratio. Try point based caclulator to see if you qualify or not? Hope that helps.

One of the main reason for T1G is tht highly skilled people come to UK and work here and pay NI & Tax..(also high fees to UKBA ;-) )
If most of your earnings for extensions will be from India then you dont fulfill these basic requirements. This is not mentioned in guidance anywhere for salaried applicants but for self employed applicants, tax & NI contributions are checked to see if they were paying them properly.
My advise is to sort out ur family problems asap and come here, find a job and make ur life better. Show your earnings from UK only. Why give caseworker a chance to doubt ur intentions?

tier1help-london
Newly Registered

Post by tier1help-london » Sun May 22, 2011 7:38 pm

"If an applicant has claimed points in the section for previous earnings, and these were for earnings made both in the United Kingdom and outside the United Kingdom, at least £25,000 of the earnings must be United Kingdom earnings to receive the points for UK"

Am I correct in interpreting the above statement as -
1. You can have any combination of earnings UK, UK+Overseas or all Overseas.
2. For claiming UK experience you must have £25K earned in UK.

If all overseas earnings are allowed for extension (as guidance notes doesnt specifically say "NO") then may be UKBA wants to keep its door open for visa holders who can earn enough overseas to get extension. Makes sense..If some people think having T1G VISA on passport (& not utilizing it) is a privilege then let them extend and pay fees.