ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how do i know where my Tier 1 application is being processe

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Biggy01
Newly Registered

how do i know where my Tier 1 application is being processe

Post by Biggy01 » Fri May 20, 2011 7:59 pm

how do i know where my Tier 1 application is being processed?

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Fri May 20, 2011 9:02 pm

You cannot .. unless you can get through to the caseworker and ask him where he is located.

The question is, why do you need to know?
Life isn't fair, but you can be!

tier1help-london
Newly Registered

Post by tier1help-london » Fri May 20, 2011 10:09 pm

Funny question.

mvent00
Diamond Member

Re: how do i know where my Tier 1 application is being proc

Post by mvent00 » Fri May 20, 2011 10:41 pm

In SciFi movies they usually attach some kind of tracking device to get an idea of the location. But most likely, they will do the process at the location where you have submitted your application.

Biggy01 wrote:how do i know where my Tier 1 application is being processed?

randirandy
Newly Registered

Post by randirandy » Fri May 20, 2011 11:24 pm

FYI - I called the Immigration Enquiry Bureau (0870 606 7766) last week and they told me what location where my application was processed

Biggy01
Newly Registered

Post by Biggy01 » Fri May 20, 2011 11:30 pm

I was told by a staff at Sheffield (where I did my Biometric) that if my application is being processed there, I have high chances of speedy application process and better luck compare to Croydon! I leave in London.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Sat May 21, 2011 11:17 am

1. PEOs do not assess postal applications. If decision on an in-person application is deferred, the application may be forwarded to any one of the numerous backend processing centres run by UKBA.
2. Applicants are required to send postal applications to a "payment clearance centre" operated by a 3rd party, where payment transactions are carried out and then the application is passed on to UKBA for further action (assessment) at any of their processing centres.
3. Until 2009, UKBA was running at least 11 backend processing centres. Not sure if the number has gone down given the tightening budgets of govt. departments (or gone up due to increased workload).
4. The name of location on the vignette only reflects the office that has issued the vignette. It does not necessarily mean that the application was processed at that "location".
5. Backend processing centres have different teams for assessing the different types of immigration applications.

Believe what you wish to.
Life isn't fair, but you can be!