ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

HSMP new legislation in place in 2007

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

aslyusar
Newly Registered

HSMP new legislation in place in 2007

Post by aslyusar » Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:02 am

HI all,

Does anyone have any specific information as to how and when the HSMP new legislation will come into place?

I am planning to apply for HSMP in a 1.5 years... under 28.

Also is it better to get a simple working permit for 18 months now, move to UK now, get a job there and apply for HSMP from there?

I heard it is better to apply from the UK itself, where you already have a job and have been established?

Your help with these major decisions will be greatly appreciated.

itsme
Member of Standing

Post by itsme » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:51 am

if i where you, i would grab the WP opportunity, attain UK work exp. and then apply for HSMP from within the country. The chances of getting job is high with UK work exp.
You Can Win. Believe in Yourself.
---

rkc

Post by rkc » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:09 pm

I agree with itsme. Work Permit would be the best way to start-off in UK. And if its a 5-yr work-permit and u can hang-on with that employer for 5 yrs, then at the end of it you can straight away apply for PR.
The only problem is that few companies would really consider sponsoring you for a work-permit, especially if you are sitting in your home-country (well, this based on my experience).

regards