ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for spouse visa for my wife - help appreciated

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

qawallified
Newly Registered

applying for spouse visa for my wife - help appreciated

Post by qawallified » Sat May 21, 2011 9:35 pm

Hi guys, i'm new on here, as you can tell from the number of my posts. Well, i got married in Pakistan 4 weeks ago, just got a job starting on monday :D ...anyway, i've started looking at how to go about applying for the visa and i came across these boards...so i thought i'd ask you guys for help with anything that i was confused with...if people dont mind i would like to use this thread to ask questions whenever i get stuck with something as i go through the process of getting the documents ready...i've got a couple of questions to start with, any help would be greatly appreciated as i've never done anything like this before

(apologies in advance if i ask for something which has already been posted elsewhere, just kindly direct me to them threads and also if any of the questions i ask come across as a bit stupid, as i said, i've never done anything like this before)

ok here goes...

1) i have downloaded and printed the VAF4 form, i intend to complete all sections and send it out with the rest of my supporting documents when they are prepared. Can my wife hand in the form that i fill out and send her from here or would she need to fill the form out again herself and then submit that copy?

2) When my wife hand's in her application, i assume she must hand in her original passport as well. Will she need to submit a photocopy of her passport as well? if so, does she need to photocopy every page of the passport or just the last page(biodata page?)

3) i understand that i will need to provide certified copies of my passport and Pakistani National identity Card, am i right to assume that my solicitor can certify these for me or would anyone recommend getting them done off someone else? if so, who? also, do i need to photocopy every page of my passport or just the last page?

4) My mother is still in Pakistan and she will be going to get my Nikah Nama translated into English in the next few days. What i wanted to ask was;
a) is there a specific accredited place where she must go do this?
b) what stamps (attestations?) need to be on the certificate? i've read about the union council, foreign ministry etc but it just confuses me.
c) what is the NADRA marriage certificate? is my Nikah Nama one or is this a seperate document? most importantly, do i need to submit this with my application.
d) any other do's or dont's regardig nikah nama's would be appreciated.

5) Finally, with regards to the English Test, how long does the course last? is the course home study and then go to sit the test or do you have to attend classes leading up to the exam?

Sorry, i didnt intend to drag on so long, guess this whole thing is harder than i thought. i look forward to hearing from you guys, thank you so much - i could really do with a bit of help right now...

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Sun May 22, 2011 10:08 am

(apologies in advance if i ask for something which has already been posted elsewhere, just kindly direct me to them threads and also if any of the questions i ask come across as a bit stupid, as i said, i've never done anything like this before)
You have only just joined this board, and welcome. But you are indeed asking questions that have been covered a number of times before. But at least you have found the correct section of this board. I strongly recommend that you spend a few hours looking at the posts in this section ..... a good "investment in time".
John

batleykhan

Post by batleykhan » Sun May 22, 2011 10:47 am

http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewto ... 19ef69f7a9

In the above posts lies all your answers. If not then read the link below my name